Sort out playlists (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking for some input on how to improve playlist handling within MP.

First thing to note is I can not figure out what to call the other playlist so if anyone can figure out the right word for "[insert right word here] playlist" it would be appreciated (y)

My current thought it to add a button on the playlist screen that will flick between the "now playing playlist" and the "[insert right word here] playlist"

Then when browsing your music you will have a couple of options
    • Play now (Clear the "now playing playlist" and play the selected item in "now playing playlist")
    • Enqueue (Add the selected item to the "now playing playlist")
    • Add to playlist (Add the selected item to the "[insert right word here] playlist" with no impact on "now playing playlist")

This sounds simple but there is one issue I can't decide on.

After loading a playlist and selecting play there is then the question as to what the browsing options will do
    • Play now
    • Enqueue
    • Add to playlist

My thought is that they should still do the same. This means that if you play a playlist and then enqueue a track it will get played but will not get added to the playlist. If you add a track to the playlist it will get added to the playlist but not played.

Does this sound like it would help for those people that actually use playlists?

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    • Add to playlist (Add the selected item to the "[insert right word here] playlist" with no impact on "now playing playlist")

I thing that this could be great. It's the same behaviour that WMP. You can enqueue a song to any existing playlist without playing this song and without moving from the database views. By this way, you can play a playlist and take the time to create an other one.

But you have also to save automatically the playlist each time.

My thought is that they should still do the same. This means that if you play a playlist and then enqueue a track it will get played but will not get added to the playlist. If you add a track to the playlist it will get added to the playlist but not played.

I thing that if you enqueue or add a track to a playlist it have to be added to the playlist and save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom