Sorting issue with albums starting with numbers (1 Viewer)

palarsen

Portal Member
August 12, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
In the few latest versions of MP I have had a strange problem with sort order in music views Everything is sorted correctly except album titles starting with numbers (69 Love Songs, 200 Motels, 1999 etc) which are all listed before the other albums. Has anyone else experienced this?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorting is subject to ASCII codes in which numbers come before letters and therefore titles like "200 Motels" will be sorted before any other alpha title. For example "2" is hex 32 compared to "M" which is hex 4D - so logically 2 comes before M.

palarsen

Portal Member
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I forgot to mention that this is unrelated to what I sort after. If I sort after Year then albums are displayed from oldest to newest or the other way round except for the titles starting with numbers which are always displayed first.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will have to verify this on my machines. In the meantime can you confim that you are using the database rather than the "shares" view?

palarsen

Portal Member
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, I am using the database. The issue has been there for some time both before and after a recent complete reinstall.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @hwahrmann , not sure if this is a specific music display issue or related to MediaPortal core functions not working correctly.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I personally haven't changed anything in the Music section that could cause this.
    I guess it is a general sorting issue.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, it probably never worked correctly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom