Sound is just a hissssssss (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a MediaServer with MP 1.9.0 an Intel i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz and a GeForce FTX 750 Ti video card with sound. HDMI to a Denon AX-4000 with Klispch 7.1 speakers. Previously, surround sound was great with a creative sound card and an optical connection to an Hardon-Karmon amp. Then I decided to upgrade. I changed to the 750Ti because the Denon would not send sound to zone 2 from an optical input and I upgraded to MP 1.9.0. For the most part I am working. I can click playback devices and see my Denon, click configure and select 7.1 and the sound test works. However, MP will not play 7.1. I downloaded the 7.1 sound check from youtube, DTS_HD_Master_Audio_7.1_Surround_Sound_Test._Full_HD_Lossless.mp4 and all I get is hiss from all speakers.

It has got to be something I clicked and messed up. I have uploaded my logs and screen shots of my configuration in MP, Windows and Lav Audio Decoder 0.63.0. I would really appreciate it if someone would take a look. This upgrade has really taken me down a few notches and I could use the help. Thanks for your time.[DOUBLEPOST=1416607759][/DOUBLEPOST]The hiss is from the surround sound test. Same sound all speakers.

Attachments

• Sound Setup.JPG
      Sound Setup.JPG
      305.1 KB
    • Sound Error 20141121.zip
      72.6 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To simplify things for now, I suggest disabling all the bitstreaming options in LAV Audio decoder, and using the Default Direct Sound audio renderer (instead of MPAR). If that makes things work, then you can start changing the settings back until it breaks again (at which point you know where the problem is....)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I think I been there, but then, the river is flowing pretty fast. :) I also, noticed that some things changed when I changed out the HDMI cable. That immediately solved some of my problems. If anyone is interested I replaced my new HDMI with a Blue Rigger. Now to put it down the wall and over the ceiling to the closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom