sound issue (1 Viewer)

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
Hey guys,

I just started having this sound problem. Regardless of what media I am listening to or watching (movies, tv or music) the audio periodically cuts out or skips. It seems to do it every two or three minutes and lasts only a few seconds. While watching tv it causes the synchronization with the picture to be un-balanced.

The only changes that i have made recently to my system was to upgrade from wireless G to Pre-N. I recently added a d-link extreme N desktop adapter (DWA-552). Is it possible that the wireless signal is interfering with the sound? I had a d-link extreme G adapter in there previously that worked with no side effects.

I have the following options for codecs available in setup : MPA Decoder Filter, DScaler Audio Decoder, and Cyberlink MPEG Muxer. I have tried all three with no solution to the skippin problem. Is there a better or different codec I should try?

I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue, and how have you resolved it, also, if anyone has some input please feel free to post with your help.

thanks
FOD

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
so i've done some more diagnosing. I disabled the wireless connection and no more choppy sound. Strange... i wonder if it has something to do with the pre-n, as "g" didn't affect anything, the only other change has been the encryption, i switched from wep to wpa. i'll try changing it back to wep i guess and see if that makes a difference.

i'd still like to here if anyone else has had this problem...

thanks,

fod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom