Sound lags picture on TV (1 Viewer)

MaxTV

August 15, 2010
Home Country
Just downloaded and installed Media Portal 1.1.0.0 from web and find that the default settings on the TV viewer has the sound out of synch with the picture. My tuner card is whatever HP installed and reports as a Haupauge WinTV 885 BDA Tuner/Demod.

The sound is delayed by less than 1/2 second. I have looked at the forum and found LOTS of postings but not really able to see a clear solution among them. Seems to me that this is a common problem and I assume therefore that someone has already solved this.

I have tried various Audio CODECs without any success and have set the audio renderer to Default Direct Sound Device. I have also tried using Speakers (Realtek High Deifnition) with limitted success. The sound is arguably in acceptable synch, but still a little lagged - enough to make you look twice, but not nearly as noticable with the Default Direct Sound Device.

Any good ideas?

Thanks,
Max

MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

TRIROG

Portal Pro
February 27, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Same here with IPTV ...

it helps to rewind for 5 secs (timeshift) and then fast forward to live TV ...

but it is annoying and unacceptable to female users of the HTPC

MaxTV

August 15, 2010
Home Country
Don't be so quick to assume it's annoying and unacceptable to *female* users, 'cause I aint! And, it seems that there are many others in the various forums who have reported similar concerns under varying circumstances, yet there is still no fix.

I do, however find that if I use the fddshow codecs viewing is acceptable.

Now all I need is a workable response to my other post about .TS recordings of HDTV and playing them back on my Netgear EVA2000, which insists the picture is too large (std, def recordings are ok).

:D
MaxTV

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have some audio lag with TV / recorded TV on 1.1.0.
I can generally work around it by skipping forward or back or channel.
For me it is annoying but ok.
I recommend checking disk space and cpu usage.

The 'female' issue is often referred to as WAF (wife acceptance factor) and I am sure he did not imply that you are female.

TRIROG

Portal Pro
February 27, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Don't be so quick to assume it's annoying and unacceptable to *female* users, 'cause I aint! And, it seems that there are many others in the various forums who have reported similar concerns under varying circumstances, yet there is still no fix.

Same here with IPTV ...

it helps to rewind for 5 secs (timeshift) and then fast forward to live TV ...

but it is annoying and unacceptable to female users of the HTPC

I was refering to rewinding and fastforwarding to get audio and video in sync - its hard to explain to female users of my HTPC why they should rewind and fastforward if they wan't to watch TV with A/V in sync ... i tried once and i got: "...but why??? ... shouldn't it just work?..."

dadman

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Have you guys tried SAF
I was having sync issues until I installed this AND followed instructions in the post linked.

Hope this helps.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
SAF solves the lipsync in my case as well. I had had SAF for a very long time, but it got solved automagically when I used the PowerDVD settings as recommended on the first page of SAF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom