Sound Quality solution? (1 Viewer)

darklord

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I all users now i need to get this straight, i have read about t+!his on the forum but cant get any good answer so i try this way.

When i play musikc from winamp or foobar or mediaplayer in Windows i get great sound with a big soundstage. When i start up Media Portal and play the same song all is flatten and bad!? It feels like Media Portal is not sending the sound directley out to the USB DAC. Then i tried to use winamp or foobar in Media Portal but that dosen't work at all.

Whay are you using? What can i do to get good sound from Media Portal? I want to have same soundquality like running outside why shuld you otherwise use Media Portal?

My system is Windows 7 x32 bit
Moon 300 DAC USB
ASUS soundcard
And a Hiend Stereo

darklord

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it true that no one have the same problem ? or think the sound quality sux?:sorry:

darklord

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Pure Audio only works with asio soundcards, i want to use my USB DAC that gives the best sound for 2 chanel.

Yes i have tried it in windows with foobar and with winamp and it sound amazing, when i play in media portal with bass the sound is terrible all hiend sound is gone!

Then i thouth of using foobar with winsapi that give me the best sound. But when i active and press configure on external players foobar under plugins i got error. So i cant use it ! :(:mad::mad::(:confused:

I don't know if its a bug in 1.1 RC3 or if its Windows 7

Anyone?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you try running graphstudio in both programs to see if they are rendering the sound in the same manner.

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Like i wrote i can't run winamp or foobar from Media Portal they crash with errors. Tried on 2 diffrent machines.

For me this is a big problem i got hifi for a lot of money and want to have the right sound.
    It's not a choise to use any HTPC software without the right sound quality.

If Media Portal can use real direct sound like winsapi and that stuff were home. So if not i want to use foobar in Media Portal but that dosen't work.

Is it any one using windows 7 that have a working solution with Foobar or any lossless audio render?:eek::rolleyes::mad::confused::confused:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Pure Audio only works with asio soundcards, i want to use my USB DAC that gives the best sound for 2 chanel.
    No PureAudio will work with non ASIO devices too. But does your DAC not support ASIO?

Yes i have tried it in windows with foobar and with winamp and it sound amazing, when i play in media portal with bass the sound is terrible all hiend sound is gone!
    But how have you configued winamp and foobar for output?

Is it any one using windows 7 that have a working solution with Foobar or any lossless audio render?
    Foobar is not lossless... that is about the source (ie. FLAC and not mp3). By default Foobar just uses standard Windows audio so will introduce issues there too.

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Like i say before when i play music in windows with winamp or Foobar it sound amazing. And even better when i chose to use winsapi plugin for foobar and get a more like asio output direct to my Hardware DAC "Moon 300".

When then play music inside Media Portal the sound quality sound dead and cheap. All nice Hiend sound is gone.
    Then i wanted to use winamp or Foobar in mediaportal to have the good sound that way.

But when i chose external player for foobar i get an error and i cant configure at all. Then i tried Winamp but nothing happend.
    Im using RC3.

And my DAC is connected using USB its like a soundcard but outside.

Simaudio MOON 300D Digital-to-Analog Converter

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Change internal player from BASS to Directshow

Does this make things any better?

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tried that too, but when i changed to direct show i was not able to play at all.
    And i tried on 2 diffrent machines and the other is playing using an normal internal device.

So what happening? :eek:

Why i cant use foobar or winamp must be an bug?:confused:
    Is there anyone that can use them in mediaportal on windows 7 and RC2 or 3 ?:oops:

Sound quality is a bigh thing when you have a good setup and give alot of money. Then you are more intressted in quality than functions. If this can't be solved i have to use another program for music and that's bad.

Haven't had any look at the movie sound and TV sound i hope its better:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom