[solved] Sound will only come out of TV and not computer attached speakers (1 Viewer)

Yani...

Portal Member
June 27, 2018
Australia Australia
Country flag
Hi all,
I just accepted today's MS #$&#&#@ update.

It lost my 2nd screen. After some stuffing about I have it back. Trouble is all sound from MP2 is being directed out the video card to that screen.

I've been all over the sound setting in Windows, MP2 and the Nividia and tuned off all options that would enable the Nividia High Definition Audio and nothing seems to work.

I then updated the Nividia drivers and that failed to make a difference.

I think the issue is of Microsoft's making and a fault in the update issued today 19/9/2019.

What do you know as I so detest the speakers in this monitor/TV, it's driving me more nuts.

Stop the press...

Something I've done has worked but the update has screwed up the 5:1 speakers.

Yani

Last edited:

Yani...

Portal Member
June 27, 2018
Australia Australia
Country flag
Fixed... of course. Just want to add that the latest Nividia drivers don't require you to hunt down and kill running apps to switch SLI settings. Which is bloody useful given MS in their wisdom have created a process called "menu" that needs to be closed when you change SLI settings but which restarts a second after you terminate it. And this annoying MS update changes Nividia settings as it sees fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mickb 1.25.0 No Sound Installation, configuration support 2
M TV Server Preview Window is blank, sounds works Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 3
S [solved] No sound - MKV file MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
A [solved] menu sounds General 1
R Normalise sound volume somehow? Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
cbr954rr [solved] No sound after clean install? General 24
T Missing sound in online streaming service (SVTPlay) General Support 3
rexdog unhandled exception error, and, no sound on first TV channel selected - fine afterwards General 2
M No sound on videos General 8
joecrow Loss of Navigation Sounds on Resume from Sleep Mp 1.21 General Support 10
N [Rejected] Include BBC Sounds (radio catch up) in the Online Videos plugin Feature Requests 4
Glith Sound stops working after first playback 1.21 88
Cowboy [solved] MP1.20 issue with HD audio stream (not all media) watch/edit Videos 6
stirlinghart [solved] No Rear Surround Sound inside MP2 General 10
J New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? Newcomers Forum 55
P MP2 - V2.1 MP2 computer (client/server) cuts Win10 network communications Older releases 0
high attachment test Testforum 0
HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
Lehmden No Attachments... Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 0
T No TV after updating Windows 10 to latest Version 1903 / OS build 18362.175 (logs attached) General Support 2
B Text files attached to videos Watch / Listen Media 10
T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
Frans Nijhuis Tv/Radio channel Import Export xml and multiple identical channel names Newcomers Forum 0