Soundgraph Imon-compatible Intel motherboards (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
I have a Silvesrtone ML02 case with an IMON LCD display. The motherboard is an Asus E35M1-M Pro and died a couple of days ago, so I'm looking around to find a good replacement. It won't be easy, since the case is an old one and it is not compatible with modern motherboards. Plus, I have an Intel Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz processor from another machine and I would like to use it.
My first concern regards the IMON display, which is a pretty old piece of hardware with no support from the manufacturer. I think I can still find an Intel motherboard which is compatible with the processor I intend to use, but would any such motherboard be compatible with the IMON display? I doubt it.
So here is my question for the community: is anybody using a working configuration with IMON display and an Intel motherboard (micro-ATX or mini-ITX) for 6th generation processors?
Any help would be appreciated.

jachin99

Portal Member
September 3, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a Moneual case with the integrated touch screen. The imon software package still mostly works on Windows 10, and the buttons on the case and IMON Pad all work fine with the Imon Software. It doesn't work with MP but if you look at Front View+ GitHub - Ghawken/FrontView: FrontView+ you will see that there are still others using that case today with current hardware. I believe I actually have a 6th gen intel I5 in the case at the moment. The hard part is finding software that will display the information you want on the sceen. The hardware is still mostly compatible. Also I don't think the volume knob works correctly, even in the IMON software. I just picked up a different MCE remote, and use my screen to run JRiver Media Center in theater view fullscreen but I mostly use the display function of the case as a Radio. I imagine something similar can be done with MP.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your text. However, my question is still open: is anybody using a working configuration with IMON LED display and an Intel motherboard (micro-ATX or mini-ITX) for 6th generation processors?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it an LCD or a LED (2 lines of text) display?
    I still use that 2 lines-display, and don't have any issues related to modern motherboards.
    Running win8.1 on that machine

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    It is an LCD display. I tried to connect it to an Asus H110i-Plus Mini-Itx motherboard. I can power the computer on and off through the remote but that's it: nothing else works. It must be related with the motherboard. So here goes my question again: is anybody using a working configuration with IMON LCD display and an Intel motherboard (micro-ATX or mini-ITX) for 6th generation processors?

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    I tried the latest iMon drivers. As for the settings, the iMon Manager wheel ist yellow and no setting has any effect whatsoever.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    One thing is very strange: there is no MCE remote among the types of remote which can be choosen in the iMon settings. It used to be there as an option - which I actually used - when the display was connected to the previous motherboard - RIP.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    My trusted IT shop found the solution and I would like to share it for those who could encounter the same issue.

First of all a brief explanation: I opened this thread because my old HTPC motherboard died and I could not get the iMon LCD display to work with an Asus H110i-Plus Mini-Itx 1151 motherboard I bought to replace the previous motherboard. The "new" motherboard is actually an old model which is currently out of stock (I found it on ebay). I bought an "osolete" motherboard because the LCD display is mounted on a Siverstone ML02 case which is not compatible with modern motherboards.

I mounted the new motherboard and an Intel Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz processor I had from another machine, I connected everything, I installed Win10 and... the display was not properly working. I could turn the HTPC on and off but no more display function was supported. The IMON Manager wheel was yellow, not blue. I tried with Win7, same result.
    I took everything to my trusted IT shop and they found the problem:

The IMON LCD display seems to only support an USB 2.0 connection.

No matter what the motherboard specs are, don't trust your BIOS when it says that the onboard USB 3.0 ports are backward compatible: the IMON display requires a native USB 2.0 connection to funcion properly.

The people from the IT shop connected the display to a self-made USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapter and now everything works. The old piece of hardware works with an "obsolete" motherboard, an "obsolete" processor and a nearly antediluvian case. And all this with Win10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom