soundproblems when connecting via HDMI (1 Viewer)

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi folks!

I use my laptop to view movies and i use mediaportal. I have a USB connected speakerset that i unplug when i connect the HDMI. The sounds in windows, spotify ie works just fine over the HDMI. But the mediaportal doesnt. I have also set the default speaker to HDMI.

I tried every option in the decoder sound setting (on the various tabs video, tv...) But it still dosnt work. I even tried installing other skins. But nothing i do seem to make mediaportal stream sounds over the HDMI.

Can anyone help me with this?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you checked the mixer in Windows (this assume your using Win 7 - if not, ignore:)?

Each application has it's own volume slider - having re-installed the whole sh'bang myself before now by missing this, it's a simple check.

Run MP not in full screen or always on top mode (just so you can see the task bar). Click on the speaker, select mixer and if MP slider of zero, you've found your problem - zap it and and test:)

If that don't work, lots of bods here in forums who'll help with the more complicated stuff:)

TTFN - JCMP

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That worked! For some reason it was muted. Boy do i feel stupid now. hehe. Thanks for the help! :)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As said - been there, done that so no need to feel stupid:)

What you may want to take a look at is the dll fix (from MP1.3.0 dev but works 100% on 1.2.3) so MP takes control of master volume - this will avoid problems many people have where loose the link between MP volume control and the TV:-<

muellinger,

I'm guessing that when in MP the mute button mutes/unmutes MP's output, whilst outside MP it mutes/unmutes the master volume.

If that is the case, perhaps this patch can help you https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-master-volume-mute-in-vista-and-above.98463/
    [/quote]

TTFN - JCMP

Distun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Cool, i installed it and im gonna assume it works. Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom