Sourceforge (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There have been a number of reports that Chrome and Google have listed and blocked the Sourceforge download site as unsafe due to a high instance of Adware, Malware and Virus being included in downloads! Notably I understand that both MPC and VLC no longer use Sourceforge as their official download partner. Are downloads of Media Portal from Sourceforge safe??????

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Last edited:

Hugh Gamble

July 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sourceforge is doing something funny. I can't download any version of the binaries of either MediaPortal 1 or MediaPortal 2. The download 'countdown' goes to zero while spamming me with ads, then there is never any option to actually download. Clicking the 'direct link' goes to the same place. Switching mirrors does nothing. All spam, no way to download. Can anybody help me find anywhere other than sourceforge where I can actually download MediaPortal? Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ should we share above on our facebook page? Have been contacted by a few people already. Is it safe to re-direct people via private PM to the above address? What about about public forum, is it ok to share the link?

Thanks

Hugh Gamble

July 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I found a copy already that looked legit on something called FileHippo. I'm glad to hear sourceforge is back to normal (though I hesitate to call it 'fixed'). Thanks. MediaPortal seems to be working fine after a little hacking and scripting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom