Sp2 required to get mytv picture? (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
I have got Windows XP x64 version with .net 2 (64bit). All is working in the fusion app but not in MP, i'm just wondering if there is something in SP2 which is required for XP to get things working. It seems as tho there is no service packs for Win XP x64 , and maybe thats why things aren't working, found out you can't apply the SP2 install either on this OS. Any ideas, seems like parts of SP2 are in the OS, but maybe not all of it?
Any thoughts, anyone using x64 , 64bit .net 2?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
As far as I know, nobody has gotten MP working on 64-bit windows (I could be wrong). If you are using the computer for just MediaPortal then I would suggest sticking to 32-bit windows (although if you are willing to stick to 64-bit and perhaps work with developers to get it working then that would be good, I think).

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
yeah i was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case so i had something else to try :), to be honest i don't actually think this is a problem with Media portal as i can't even get a video image of the tv working in graphedit. Just comes up with a window and has a black screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom