Spanish Scraper FilmAffinity.com with IMDb.es bonus to get fanarts -- v2.1.0 (1 Viewer)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Is the added delay of getting the IMDb ID noticable?

Perhaps you wouldn't mind backing up your database, clear it and then run a full import on your entire collection with the FilmAffinity scraper while timing it with a stopwatch, clear database again and re-run a full import with this one. Then please report on here how much time each import took. Only 'time' the auto-approval results (watch the little green bar), and do not try to manually approve anything as that would skew with the timings.

If the delay is hardly an impact on a sizable collection, then perhaps this scraper could be made default for the Spanish language.

:D

Ok I´ll do what you say after New years eve. But comparing the importation of a single file the diferrence is unappreciated. So I think this scrapper is the one for spanish people.
    I belive it even the importation time will be the double. The results are much better.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have made some test with a movie collection of 33 films. Cleaning the database and starting from the beggining
    Test results:
    Automatic mode choosing spanish language:
    2 minutes total time. No workart. No summary.
    Manual mode with filmaffinity original scraper:
    1 minute total time. No workart. Summary ok.
    Manual mode choosing filmaffinity modified scraper:
    2 minutes. Workart ok. Summary ok.

Only a few movies has not workart, and must be a problem with original movie tittle or something like that, but the most usefull scraper is the modified one.
    I would approve it for next version.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Only a few movies has not workart, and must be a problem with original movie tittle or something like that, but the most usefull scraper is the modified one.

Yes, the fanart/backdrop can only be obtained if the movie entry at themoviedb.org has them :)

But you can, and are encouraged to add one yourself if they don't exist. That way your own collection will feature them, but you also help others.

Ixreb

Portal Member
    November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.

First, I want to thank you for the plugin. But I have problems with it, sometimes my CPU goes to 100%. But, most worse, does not download covert art. Alpacine download the covert arts smoothly.

Greetings

EDIT: I use 0.7.5 version

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi.

First, I want to thank you for the plugin. But I have problems with it, sometimes my CPU goes to 100%. But, most worse, does not download covert art. Alpacine download the covert arts smoothly.

Greetings

EDIT: I use 0.7.5 version

I rely on Spanish people to debug this scraper, so I won't be able to fix problems unless somebody provides me with a movingpictures.log file that has scraper debug mode enabled. That log file then allows me to see what is going wrong, so I can find a solution for it.

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello RoChess, thanks for this scrapper. A request.

I, ever, create a nfo file with a line: "imdb: ttxxxxxx". Your scrapper seems to ignore this file and retrieve newly this information (by title). Sometimes this produces missing art, because the title is not found in imdb.es (there are a lot of titles translated in filmaffinity but not in imdb.es).

So,, can you get and use the imdb id if there are a nfo file?

Friks

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm testing this scraper (great work RoChess!!!) but It always downloads the summary in english. I don't understand why this behaviour because the "Primary Source" field is fill with "FilmAffinity.com (with IMDb.es)". Do you know where is the matter?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm testing this scraper (great work RoChess!!!) but It always downloads the summary in english. I don't understand why this behaviour because the "Primary Source" field is fill with "FilmAffinity.com (with IMDb.es)". Do you know where is the matter?

That sounds like FilmAffinity has changed their website, so the scraper fails to get the summary in Spanish. Missing fields are then filled in by the IMDb English scraper.

I would need a scraper debug enabled debug log (check FAQ on how to enable that), that shows me exactly what goes wrong at what point (try to reproduce the problem in the least amount of steps needed, that way log file is easy to read).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom