Speaker Setup (1 Viewer)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
How is everyone running there speaker setup with their MP box? I have been using MP with my PC, so have a single output for speakers. now I would like to create a specific box for MP under my TV, but need to have my speakers hooked up to several devices e.g TV, DVD Player, HTPC.

How does everyone go about this?

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Fathead,

I have a surround amp and use SPDIF from my HTPC, this works great.
    The amp can act as a switch box for all your equipment if you need, that what I use to have, but now its all via MP.

/James

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Optical out to the Logitech Z5500. Not the reciever and big surround system I'd like, but still impressive, great for our lounge size, and a lot easier on the wallet! And oh that sub... 8)

This is fine for me (Optical and Coaxial in, as well as a 5.1 input or 3 stereo inputs) as I only have the HTPC to plug in, and sometimes a PlayStation. James' way of running it all through a reciever is the best for a lot of sources.

If you had an MCE Remote you could even control the reciever through the one remote using HIP, changing the volume and sources on the receiver. Well, technically you could. :?

z5500-2.jpg

RickWesh

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Larimore ND.
    SB Audigy Platinum EX

I'm using a SB Audigy Platinum EX going through Logitech x530 5.1 speakers. I'd get a better setup if the girlfriend did'nt hate computers so much LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom