[solved] Specify a startup screen ? (1 Viewer)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I recently switched over to MP2 after a few years use of MP1. I only use MP to watch (ota) television, through my PC tuner card. I’m wondering if there isn’t a way to open MP2 directly to the tv guide screen, and skip all the intervening screens that I presently need to negotiate to get there?

Thanks much,

N.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I recently switched over to MP2 after a few years use of MP1. I only use MP to watch (ota) television, through my PC tuner card. I’m wondering if there isn’t a way to open MP2 directly to the tv guide screen, and skip all the intervening screens that I presently need to negotiate to get there?

Thanks much,

N.
    It is not possible to load MP2 directly into specific screens. But you could hide all main menu entries besides "TV" (and "others" which can not be removed) in Nereus skin by using the menu editor (right-mouse click or menu-button on menu). As a result you would just see the quick access items for TV and can reach the EPG with about one click.
    Unbenannt.jpg

PS: You need the latest version of MP2 (2.3.2) to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks very much. It does indeed work (for some reason, the first time I needed to press "0" repeatedly before it would work, but after that, it's working fine. Much appreciated.
    Thanks very much. It does indeed work (for some reason, the first time I needed to press "0" repeatedly before it would work, but...
    Recently, and happily, switched from MP1 to MP2. I only use MP to watch ota tv broadcasts, on my PC. Just to say: There’s one...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin for "TV Server". :eek: Schedules Direct provide EPG data in the following formats: JSON format: this is available for all countries that Schedules Direct support. XML format: this is available only for the...
    From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin...
    Hello - I'm a new user converting from a Win7 WMC. I love the features in MP2 (and MP1) but we are heavy OTA watchers - so getting...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 GUI Issues DE
    sadly I don't have that button on my "remote" - I have a Rii i4 keyboard and mouse
    sadly I don't have that button on my "remote" - I have a Rii i4 keyboard and mouse
    Hi, I've recently switched MP1 to MP2 2.2.3 as I thought it's a newer product and would hence be better. So far not so - I'm having...
    Replies
    Views
    That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I didn't get fat, at least, but a walk in the park is not an expression of something being easy anymore.
    That's fun. I shattered my kneecap on one of those e-scooters. I'm terribly out of shape from the months of being bedridden. I...
    It seems odd that most of the problems that people complain about are that we can't switch to MP2 because there's no plugins for...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom