specify episode only by "<series>-<title>" in filename possible? (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I am recording the series "Golden girls". The filenames doesn't have the episode number and series number although I have installed "TV movie EPG Import ++" and "Episodenscanner". The filename has only the series name and the series title e.g. "Golden girls-the doughter.ts". So my question is: is it possible for myTVSeries to specify the episode only by using the series name and the episode name? How do I have to configure the "parsing expression" in myTVSeries?

olli14

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm not positive that part has been made functional yet.

I know airdate matching has been added, but I'm not sure to what extend episode title works. You can always 'test' this though. Open up the import wizard and your failed episodes on the Golden Girls will appear in yellow. Select just one episode via checkbox and manually correct the entry on the next step to where you make sure "Golden Girls" shows up as series name, and that episode title is the right one. Then see if this episode is properly matched up to the S/E one.

If that fails, then your best bet might be to mass-rename all your recorded files via a 3rd party tool such as "The Renamer" as per: http://www.therenamer.com/

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    ... The filenames doesn't have the episode number and series number although I have installed "TV movie EPG Import ++" and "Episodenscanner".
    olli14
    Now it's working. I had a mistake in the path to "episodenscanner" in the "TV EPG Import ++" plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom