Spectrum Cable and Cablecard going all digital help!! (1 Viewer)

nightwar

Portal Member
March 11, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I Have internet only now, and plug the coax into 2 analog cards. Spectrum is going all digital in a few weeks, what is the best card to get for a cablecard tuner so I can continue using mediaportal, I seen the centon 4 and 6 tuner cards do those work, does anyone have a working setup?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

what is the best card to get for a cablecard tuner so I can continue using mediaportal
    Best in what way?
    My advice is: choose the one which suits you best. We support all of them (Ceton, Silicondust, Hauppauge) apart from the ancient ATI one, and even that one can be made to work at a pinch. :)

I seen the centon 4 and 6 tuner cards do those work
    Yes, they work.

nightwar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok, so if I understand correctly, I order a plan, and then a cablecard, and the centon device, and treat it like my current 3 tv cards? If so that is great news!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I presume it would be something like that, yes.
    However...!
    Although I know a fair amount about CableCARD tuners (I'm the person who added CableCARD tuner support to MediaPortal), please keep in mind I'm not a Spectrum customer... and in fact I reside in New Zealand, so I've never owned a CableCARD tuner myself.

There are some significant differences in the way that you configure MediaPortal's TV Server to use CableCARD tuners (compared to analog tuners), but nothing you won't be able to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom