Speed up display of Recorded TV? (1 Viewer)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
If I select Recorded TV it takes a while (perhaps 5 seconds) to display the list of recordings, and the delay is worse on clients. I was just wondering if there's any simple way to speed this up? Does this process read the recordings from disk, or does all the info come straight from the database?

Thanks

Jon.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does your server power-off the hdd's after a while? If so the hdd' have to come back to life before you can see your recordings...
    But appart from this I don't know if there are other factors that could boost this time.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi Holzi,

I'm still on 1.2.3 - I can't upgrade to 1.30b until miroslav releases his Sky addon, as much as I'd like to...

I had a look through the thread you pasted - looks like some really good improvements have been made there (although not 100% sure that it will affect the time taken to just display the list of recorded programs, will it?)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey! By reading this comment it maybe could help. I guess you just have to test. ;)

Hi,

I just want to write some positve feedback concerning the patch for the recordings conflicts.
    After updating the server and the client the problem ist gone completely.

Programming new recordings and the recordings listing are very fast now. (Although I have more than 400 recordings!)
    It's similar to installations with just a few or none recordings.

Would be nice if this enhancement will be part of the next coming version of mediaportal.
    (Maybe as fast as possible ...?)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is more to do with the 'clean-up' routine that is always run when navigating the TV Recordings.

'delete invalid recordings' delete invalid recordings routine..JPG

Two affects this has is a delay as it always checks for missing files from database compared to recording folders active and auto removes them from the database.

This used to be non automatic and then time to access db much quicker. You could always manualy clean up from the MP GUI.

Seperate connected issue ;I have set up a non-recording networked folder assigned to the 'radio web stream', when not 'on' the network this auto clean up removes the db entries which is annoying as I then have to rescan from the actual pc and when 'on' it takes some time to scan these 1000+ files.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    @Holzi - sure - I reckon it will be quicker, I will test just as soon as the Sky addon is ready for 1.3 :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom