mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Mirk,
    I've just installed the last available svn: 02-11-2007--01-03-Rev12919 and there's a error message pointing to a missing or invalid weatheroverlay. xml ( it's missing).
    Any workaround available?
    Thanks for your help,
    opcode.

I have updated to the latest SVN, but i dont get this error message.
    If i remember correcly the weatheroverlay.xml is used by the weatheroverlay plugin, that is used in Replicant and some other skins.
    This plugin is not used in SpinSafe.
    So i think the problem is that you have the weatheroverlay plugin acivated in MP configuration. Disabled this and i think the problem is solved.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Mirk,
    I've just installed the last available svn: 02-11-2007--01-03-Rev12919 and there's a error message pointing to a missing or invalid weatheroverlay. xml ( it's missing).
    Any workaround available?
    Thanks for your help,
    opcode.

I have updated to the latest SVN, but i dont get this error message.
    If i remember correcly the weatheroverlay.xml is used by the weatheroverlay plugin, that is used in Replicant and some other skins.
    This plugin is not used in SpinSafe.
    So i think the problem is that you have the weatheroverlay plugin acivated in MP configuration. Disabled this and i think the problem is solved.

I was wrong, this plugin is implimented in SVN now.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    UPDATE

New update uploaded.
    - Sliding basic home screen
    - Frodos new reflections on filmstrip and MySeries plugin added.
    and some small other changes.

Avalible at main page as soon it has been validated.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great news that you are still working on SpinSafe (regular) too, I was afraid that you were only going to work on the new skins you are creating...

Small issue though, the dialog screens have the wrong background, they have the color of the new skin you are building...

Oh, and just a small thing on the topbar, I know that when you use a TV that you do not get to see this bar, but on a computer you do...And I think it would look better if it wouldn't have the edges on it as it does now...just personal taste I guess, but maybe something to try out...

Thx for updating,

THDBASED

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great news that you are still working on SpinSafe (regular) too, I was afraid that you were only going to work on the new skins you are creating...

Small issue though, the dialog screens have the wrong background, they have the color of the new skin you are building...

Oh, and just a small thing on the topbar, I know that when you use a TV that you do not get to see this bar, but on a computer you do...And I think it would look better if it wouldn't have the edges on it as it does now...just personal taste I guess, but maybe something to try out...

Thx for updating,

THDBASED

Yes, my plan is to try to update this skin when ever new cool stuff are implimented. But i must admit that my focus for now is the SpinSafe Revolve skin.

About the dialog backgrounds, i must have saved the image to wrong folder. Tanks for reporting.
    And the topbar background will be my focus to night ;)

shawnwc

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Great work

First let me say what a great job you've done on this skin. I've literally become reinterested in MP after checking out this skin.

Now for my 1.5 cents ;)

I'm running MP at 720p. Would like more than 3 videos on the filmstrip if possible, maybe a highlight behind the selected title as well. You could even drop the RIGHT-MOST selected image, if the highlighted one was just as big and clear.

Love the reflections on album & video filmstrip views. The CD was is nice, but the simulated 3D is overkill IMO. You could drop the 3D routines, and I'd still love the reflection coverflow-ish movement of the album covers. Maybe have the selected one larger (or more forward looking), and maybe CENTERED when possible (unless it's the right most or left most title).

Again - great work. If the skin never changed again, I'd still keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom