SpinSafe Revolve (1 Viewer)

Do you use SpinSafe Revolve as you default skin?

• Yes, its the best skin out there

Votes: 145 39.6%
  • Yes, but planing to change to another

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Yes, i use it sometimes.

Votes: 49 13.4%
  • No, i have never seen this skin before.

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • No, i have tryed it but it looks all uggly.

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • No, because its 16:9 skin and i use a 4:3 monitor.

Votes: 88 24.0%
  • No. I have tyed it but did not like it when the buttons are on the upper part of the screens.

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • No. I have tryed it but it did not have support of the plugins a use

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • No. I have not download it because of the preview picture(s) it looks uggly

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • No, its has to much bugs.

Votes: 11 3.0%

• Total voters

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This skin is called SpinSafe Revolve.
    What differ this skin agenst other skins for Media Portal is that the menu is placed horisontal. This makes it easyser to fitt more objects on screen at the same time.
    The skin also has a nice basic home screen in the shape of a floating wheel. A nice feature of the basichome wheel is that when you for example pause on the My Movies hover, a brick of shortcouts apears.

Special tanks to Raven for allowing me to use his nice gfx from the Razor skin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAQ
    Q: I have changed one of the png files, but there are no change in the skin. The old GFX still showing. Why?
    A:
    • If you use 0.2.2.0 and no SVN.
      You have to delete the packedgfx* files inside the spinsafe revolve skin folder.

• If you use 0.2.2.0 + SVN or 0.2.3.0
      You have to delete the SpinSafe Revolve folder inside the cache folder placed in the MP root.
    and then restart Mediaportal.

Q: When i start Media Portal with this skin i get a blank screen/windows background. How do i solve this?
    A:
    • If you use 0.2.2.0 and no SVN.
      You have to delete the packedgfx* files inside the spinsafe revolve skin folder.

• If you use 0.2.2.0 + SVN or 0.2.3.0
      You have to delete the SpinSafe Revolve folder inside the cache folder placed in the MP root.
    and then restart Mediaportal.

Q: I have found a bug in the skin, where can i post it.
    A: You can either post it here in this thread of you can add it to the SpinSafe bugtracker

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen shots

SpiffBB

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2006
    YES! I realy like it! Many times people say it (me included) then they "just" like something, but this is realy good looking! Hope you continue!

Hovever as always I have some suggestions............... Dont get it wrong, I think it would make it even better but its good as it is.

1. In cover view the for movies - highlighted item pops up/gets a bit bigger, but not so mutch so its easy to so witch - I would like it to get the highlighted item a bit more bigger and maybe also with a white border around (like you have in thumbnail pictures).

2. In list mode music the highlighted row have a whiter background, I would prefer a border or something around the row in white instead (like you have in picture thumbnail view) and maybe let the text pop up a bit (larger font size).

If hopefully we and this skin someday gets "glowing" background it would with this layout be hard to se if its the glowing background or highlighted

3. Basic home - dont like the black icons, hard to se against the darkblue background. Would prefer something white - for example the Blue2buddy icons?!

4. The CD icons - is there any item selected here? Cant find anything - hopping selected item pops up a bit and maybe with a white border (se 1).

5. Pictures thumbnails (and weather) - just perfect! Maybe the highlighted thumb can grow a bit like in suggestion 1 but I dont know if its possible.

Since I saw in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/new_face_mp-t9387p11.html
    a request for dual filmstrip I suppose everything isnt possible to do right now?

Best regards
    Oscar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom