Splash screen change on 1.16 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've upgraded from 1.15 to 1.16 and have experienced a change to the behaviour of the splash screen using the DefaultWideHD skin. The progress text has moved to the bottom left of the screen, instead of the middle of the screen, and is only partially visible; i.e. part of the progress text is below the visible range of the screen.

I have tried to use ALT>Print Screen so I can display what is happening, but that won't capture anything.

I can see the Loading and Initializing words, but nothing else.

Is there a skin setting that has changed, or something else I can do?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have tried to use ALT>Print Screen so I can display what is happening, but that won't capture anything.
    Try simply print screen.
    If that doesn't work, can you take a photo with your cellphone or something like that?

[edit: Oh, and please confirm system information. Particularly relevant are GPU and screen config (multi monitor? resolution? size?).]

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It works as it should (at least here and on 4 more installations of friends) ;)
    So maybe anything is broken during install - maybe you should re-install ;)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay. Here's a photo.

BTW, once inside the app, everything appears as normal including the resolution.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
      IMG_0448.JPG
      263.6 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @Anthony Vaughan
    Try this MP.exe

Attachments

• MediaPortal.exe.zip
      499.1 KB

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I've tried the new version of MediaPortal.exe, but it made no difference.

As for resolution, this is happening on all screens, including HD televisions (46"). The photo I sent you is appearing on a screen with set to 1680 X 1010.

Please be aware that my system is configured centrally; i.e. I'm using a network location for the configuration, of everything, using MediaPortalDirs.xml in the user documentation folder on client machines. This change of behaviour has suddenly happened when upgrading to 1.16, so I'm assuming that there are one or more configurations that have changed that I have not upgraded to the central location. The text that used to appear in the centre of the screen has now moved to the bottom left.

Can you point me to any configuration changes, like new properties, that may have been made to configuration files? For example, it would seem that something is telling the splash screen to display somewhere different from before.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom