Splashscreen MePo version (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm running a modified Extended Two theme with minor changes to the way things look the way I like them.

One thing I've never been able to figure out is how to adjust the text position (and increase font-size) of the MediaPortal version in bottom left corner on the splashscreen, because there is no reference to it in the XML.

What am I missing?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well that at least confirms I'm not going crazy.

Reason I ask is because there seems to be an error in the DPI scaling on it (or Y-position calculations), and the text is positioned slightly wrong for me. Assuming text is like 16 pixels high, then the bottom ~4 pixels are chopped off, but only on that version number. Everything else scales/displays correct and all 1080p/4K pixels are displayed as I've done a 1 pixel border video test that shows fine.

Couldn't even figure out where it comes from as there is no reference even in the C# code that processes the splashscreen.xml file, but I did not dig very deep.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Look at source code for Mediaportal.Application folder and for FullScreenSplash...cs

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Reason I ask is because there seems to be an error in the DPI scaling on it (or Y-position calculations), and the text is positioned slightly wrong for me.
    FullScreen splash screen - WinForms (Not MP Window)... Scalling on Windows side ... :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Well lblMain is supported to be adjusted via splashscreen.xml, so if that gets expanded to include lblVersion then problem solved as well :cool:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    so if that gets expanded to include lblVersion then problem solved as well
    As for me, it’s not so simple there, the WinForm window is small, then it scales to the current resolution. When resizing fonts and coordinates, the entire layout breaks down due to anchors and docks. I tried, I did not get anything intelligible. If you can make changes, it will be great. :):whistle::coffee:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have to get my personal development environment functional again, so I can work on IMDb+ plugin changes, but also plan to get MediaPortal itself to compile again. Then maybe I can add some breakpoints and see if I'm able to figure things out. Just gotta find time amidst the hundreds of other things I've got to work on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom