[solved] spring16 problems (1 Viewer)

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,
I installt the spring16 release on top of '15.
on opening "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service35\SetupTv\SetupTV.exe" an error pops open.
tv service could not be found
Funny thing, I can watch movies and series, but they lags.
Thx to anyone how can help :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service35\SetupTv\SetupTV.exe"
    You should use the shortcut on the desktop, which is referring to SlimTV.Service3 directly. Version 3.5 should better not be used at the moment and is also not installed by default.
    At first check, if you have the folder "SlimTV.Service3". If yes, you can delete "SlimTV.Service3.5". After that use the shortcut on desktop or execute the Setuptv.exe in "SlimTV.Service3".

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Than i get this error.

Yes, maybe for the last release, I have manually installed and tried trayed 3.5 .

Attachments

• simpl3error.JPG
      simpl3error.JPG
      83.2 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Indeed none of the TV engines are working if you have installed both. And as told, latest TVE 3.5 is more than 18 month older than the "old" TVE 3.0. No new releases on TVE 3.5 since ages means no sense in trying it at all, until a new release comes out (maybe in another year or two, who knows)...

Your error message normally appears if you try to run SetupTV.exe and no TV Engine nor MP2 server is running.

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OH OK :confused: thought the 3.5 would me the more advanced one.
    So deleting the 3.5 folder should solve the problem? Is something else to do?

Edit: Yes it did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom