SQLiteDatabase Plugin for MP2 (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx @chefkoch, I'd like to upload v0.07 to our new plugin repository but either I don't have upload rights or I'm too dumb to find out how to do that. Could someone please point me to the right direction? Thanks!
    Are you logged in? :D

EDIT: Just noticed there are up to 3 links visible that allow adding a new listing / extension :D
    20130928_141804.png

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I was logged in and I didn't find one of the three possibilities - let's face it, I was too dumb :D Thanks Chef!
    Uploaded v0.07 to the repository - waiting for approval. Database should be compatible with previous versions, but as usual, please make a backup before upgrading ;)
    Also pushed the source code of v0.07 to GitHub in new branch FEAT_SQLiteDatabase (based on the MP2 Alpha 3 tag).
    Will delete source code and binaries from first post. As of now, source code will be available on GitHub, binary updates in our new repository.

And now let's see if we can make this beast even faster :D

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, understood. Will try my best with Git ;)
    It's not urgent, you can use your existing branch. Within the next days, I'll might add the build.targets to your plugin and also do the rebase at the same time, if you would like to. (will commit it to a separated branch to be safe)

So you don't need to waste your time learning this stuff, I rather like to see you speeding up the db furthermore :) :)
    Seriously, I did not have the time to try the SQLite provider yet, and still running a MP2 build which is probably 4 weeks olds, I guess I'll be very surprised once I try it the first time ;)

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wohooo - just tested the new Version with Alpha 3 and the Speed improvement compared to the original database is absolutely amazing.
    It should be used as the Default one :)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    It should be used as the Default one
    There is still a technical problem with the system.data.sqlite library when used with the .NET entity framework which is used by the SlimTV NativeTV plugin. Therefore you cannot use SQLiteDatabase when you want to use SlimTV Native. We basically have to wait until the developers of system.data.sqlite have sorted this out. Until then it wouldn't be a good idea to use SQLiteDatabase as standard database. Besides that, we still need more testers using SQLiteDatabase as regular database to make sure there are no hidden bugs. So thanks a lot for testing (y)!
    Does this work with SlimTV Extended for LiveTV?
    It should... I don't use MP2 for TV currently, so I didn't test. But I don't see a reason why it doesn't work. It would be great if you could just test it. Make a backup of SQLCEDatabase and don't delete the data directory of MP2 Server after replacing SQLCEDatabase with SQLiteDatabase. That way you can easily go back to SQLCEDatabase when SQLite shouldn't work.

Edit: Lehmden was faster than me :D

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should... I don't use MP2 for TV currently, so I didn't test. But I don't see a reason why it doesn't work. It would be great if you could just test it. Make a backup of SQLCEDatabase and don't delete the data directory of MP2 Server after replacing SQLCEDatabase with SQLiteDatabase. That way you can easily go back to SQLCEDatabase when SQLite shouldn't work

Thanks!
    I moved the SQLCEDatabase directory out of MP2 Server plugins and put in SQLite. I don't know what to test exactly but so far everything works as expected. Currently playing audio mp3 and LiveTV concurrently. :)
    SQLDebug.log attached if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom