squeaking from hard drive (constant searching?) (1 Viewer)

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 1.0.3.0
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: 2500+
Memory: 1.5 GB
Video Card: 9600 Pro
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Dec Filter
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 90002
TV Card Type: hardware, DVB-T
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD2000JD (seems to be the culprit anyway)

right, firstly i'm running MP on a TV as primary display and everything else on a CRT as secondary. i know that's not supported but i dunno how much that's gotta do with this, so i'll just mention it incase anyone else has the same problem...

every now and then when MP's running, i get a strange high pitched squeaking noise coming from the hard drive, which is mostly normal i guess. the weird thing is that it stops, either when i select the media portal window (via the task bar) if it's unselected, or select something else if it is selected when the squeaking starts. so it's possibly something to do with searching the hard drive, and maybe a graphics drivery thing due to the dual monitor setup. but like i say, just thought i'd mention it, it seems kinda wierd.

ick, while i'm here i might as well: 0.2.0.0 RC1 really don't like multitasking. anything else using the CPU makes it stop playback and give me a window saying "this is a scambled channel blah blah" with a wee quality bar going up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom