Squeezebox plugin (1 Viewer)

Ken4000

Portal Member
September 7, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Ken,

I'm excited about this plugin as I was wanting to implement something along the same lines. Right now I use my main HTPC to control my home audio system through some advance software. I'll attach a "simplistic" diagram of how everything is connected. My goal was to allow the PC to view/control what's being used in the SqueezeBox environment. I have multiple SqueezeSlaves running as a windows service locked to dedicated USB audio outputs that are controlled by my Nuvo Keypads.

I locked the audio outputs to the USB audio devices to leave my HDMI output as the dedicated audio out for the cable TV & Movie source.

I will be more than happy to test/contribute with your plugin if you are willing.
Thanks,
-KT

Hi there
That would be great. I'm very close to a release :)
I will post the release in the first thread, when it's ready for test.

scan5415

July 16, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi Ken

Thanks for your work in advance.
I'm a beta tester too. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Also thanks from me for your work. Love to test it when its ready. Sounds exactly what I need to give my wife control over Squeezebox to give the kid her "lalala"-Songs in all rooms then i'm not around ;-)

Ken4000

Portal Member
September 7, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey Ken4000

Have you any news about your plugin??
A little update
Sorry for being so "silence"...
I ran into a BIG issue...there is not enough hours in the day :)
I have all functionality working now except syncing multiple devices, I just need to create the MP plugin GUI and that's it. The functionality for multiple sync is available, I just need to design a simple way for controlling it.
I know I have been working on this for a while now...a beta will be available soon with limited functionality...please be patients :)

Other developing projects
I have also been working a similar project like MPExtended, but for MediaPortal 2. For now it can use CPU and/or GPU to transcode. It's possible to setup a transcoding for each file extension. It's still alpha test stage and with my ATi card...it's working okay. I have faith in it. It also have a website. I'm working on to get it to use webM or JavaFX2 for streaming...
I'm also working on a similar android project like aMPDroid for it...for now it's only on the drawing board.

But my Squeezebox plugin is my priority one...I will finish it first.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ken4000

I'm one of the persons that for a long time have wanted the ability to control my Squeezeboxes from within MP. I cross my fingers that a beta version will be available soon.:)

It's interesting to read that you are working on several other projects related to MediaPortal, but I must confess that I have mixed feelings about these projects. I have seen several backend services and clients to MediaPortal before MPExtended/WebMediaPortal was created. All of them looked promising at first but most of them are no longer maintained. MPExtended is great in many areas, the documentation is all that you need and quality control is high. They also think on areas where they have little personal interest right now. They e.g implemented api for picture section although they had no use for it right now.

My wish would be that you would get involved in the MPExtended project and help with streaming there instead of creating your own backend. You could also use MPExt. for your android project.

I also would love to see your work with the squeezebox plugin to be incorporated into the MPExtended api. I understand that this will, to some extent, only be a mapping of one api to another. But in this way all clients could potentially include squeezebox support with little effort.

Cheers,

Johan

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Ken4000

I'm one of the persons that for a long time have wanted the ability to control my Squeezeboxes from within MP. I cross my fingers that a beta version will be available soon.:)

It's interesting to read that you are working on several other projects related to MediaPortal, but I must confess that I have mixed feelings about these projects. I have seen several backend services and clients to MediaPortal before MPExtended/WebMediaPortal was created. All of them looked promising at first but most of them are no longer maintained. MPExtended is great in many areas, the documentation is all that you need and quality control is high. They also think on areas where they have little personal interest right now. They e.g implemented api for picture section although they had no use for it right now.

My wish would be that you would get involved in the MPExtended project and help with streaming there instead of creating your own backend. You could also use MPExt. for your android project.

I also would love to see your work with the squeezebox plugin to be incorporated into the MPExtended api. I understand that this will, to some extent, only be a mapping of one api to another. But in this way all clients could potentially include squeezebox support with little effort.

Cheers,

Johan
    I agree more than 100% with you on this.

From my POV, the little time MP and plugin devs have (which is normal) should be invested in lesser projects. But I am very well aware that all devs are free to choose what they want to do in their spare time.

G.

Ken4000

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Ken4000

Cheers,

Johan

Hi Johan
    I understand your concern about me working on several project. I'm only working on this plugin at the moment. The other projects is only in the design and "try out theories" phase. I will take it into consideration to use MPExtended or iPimp, when my focus is on these projects rather than this one. I hope that will free your concern a little :)
    Very good idea to incorporate this plugin into MPExtended, so it will become a kind of an adapter between Squeezebox and MPExtended. This will be in the next version of this plugin...

I just become a dad for the first time :) ...and of cause I'm more focused on that. But I'm so close to a release, so I will work on this plugin when I have time for my self ;)

I have added an ToDo list on the main page.

catia

August 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi Ken4000

Is there any news on the plugin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom