Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    jewfish said:
    Is it possible for people in other countries (for example australia) to provide captures of the DVB-T streams to assist in debugging the TV module ?

Rob

I wouldn't think this would be possible, simply becuase of the size involved, unless we start sending DVD's via mail.

This is a pity though, as it seems our government has screwed up DTV in a major way down here. mainly by implementing stupid standards but then also by things like making every network transmit the same shows on five different channels.

Media Portal does have some big issues with Aus DTV and the devs have worked very hard to come to terms with this (thanks also to Taipan, Callifo and Vbap for supplying all the logs and other details too)

Redrum

October 21, 2004
    tomtom21000 said:
    Example for a test plan

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/testing:plugins:msnmessenger?s=test+plan

MrMitchel did this. I hope it does not scare you off.
    tomtom

This is exelent if the creators of the plugin provides all the features and the correct results ill be glad to help out.
    Dont want to gues if it behaves correct or not...

One thing that also have to be taken in to consideration is every ones hardware configuration.

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Marcusb said:
    jewfish said:
    Is it possible for people in other countries (for example australia) to provide captures of the DVB-T streams to assist in debugging the TV module ?

Rob

I wouldn't think this would be possible, simply becuase of the size involved, unless we start sending DVD's via mail.

And if the main area that has issues is LiveTV, then no point sending recorded streams for testing! Hey, maybe that's why Frodo's coming downunder??? Much better to play with Live DVB-T TV here than, say, going diving on the Reef.... :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey yeah, I forgot about Frodo's visit.

frodo, where are you going while down under? If you are looking for things to do, I'm sure there are a large number of grateful MP users who would like to show you the sights.

If you need a tour guide in Melbourne, I am happy to step up for the task.

S

SpartanIV

ive set up MP this week and i finally got it working just right, and its been running fine. I havnt had any bugs that cause it to crash. But there are numerous small bugs and just things that could use some refining and improving. For this reason i think that a stability release would be well worth the time, and that it would help make setting up media portal a much less stressful experience. Maybe someone could write up a step by step walkthrough setup or something. All i could find was out of date and didnt really help much.

thornydevil

April 20, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Marcusb said:
    Hey yeah, I forgot about Frodo's visit.

frodo, where are you going while down under? If you are looking for things to do, I'm sure there are a large number of grateful MP users who would like to show you the sights.

If you need a tour guide in Melbourne, I am happy to step up for the task.

I can offer a tour of Sydney!

I'm also happy to offer sending a DTV stream for testing. How long/big, to who/where, what medium (upload,DVD). You'd probably want a range of channels, as there are a number of different HDTV stream standards being broadcast.

jewfish

Portal Member
    March 22, 2005
    Newcastle, Australia
    vbap said:
    Marcusb said:
    jewfish said:

Rob

And if the main area that has issues is LiveTV, then no point sending recorded streams for testing! Hey, maybe that's why Frodo's coming downunder??? Much better to play with Live DVB-T TV here than, say, going diving on the Reef.... :)

Don't the streams contain EPG, Teletext, AC-3 info etc ? For example, I have never seen MP's EPG work in aust, but it supposedly does work in other countries.

Must be a difference in the stream between different countries even though all are supposed to be dvb-t. I have also seen some STB's crippled by changes made by broadcasters (ie that silly channel 9 sports active to name one).

Is it possible that the stream may contain data which MP doesn't how to process correctly ?

I dont mind capturing multi GB files and uploading to a FTP server if it'll help with making a better TV experience which IMHO is the most important aspect of media portal.

Rob.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    jewfish said:
    For example, I have never seen MP's EPG work in aust, but it supposedly does work in other countries.
    i know that EPG via DVB-S is working in Austria and Germany

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Avalon111 said:
    jewfish said:
    For example, I have never seen MP's EPG work in aust, but it supposedly does work in other countries.

hehehe, He means the other "Aust". The one with an "AL" in it :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Marcusb said:
    Avalon111 said:
    jewfish said:

hehehe, He means the other "Aust". The one with an "AL" in it :)

please read the post of Marcusb: "but it supposedly does work in other countries"

i know that he is living in australia!
    i just want to confirm that mediaportals EPG is working! at least in austria and germany as far as i know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom