Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

MP2 Server and Client installed on a HTPC.
    The PC should go to Standby after 1 Hour if it is not used.

Setup Windows Energy Options to NEVER.
    Setup Powersheduler to go to Standby after 60 Minutes.

If i use this, the PC goes to Standby even if i use MP2 Client at the time.

Extend Setup to tell Powersheduler "do not go into standby if MP2 Client is running".
    Okay, this should work if i close MP2 Client after use, but, yeah, noone is doing this.

Also, i could setup my Harmony to send some Keys to close MP2 Client if i shut down my TV and Receiver etc...
    But there is no defined Key to Close MP2 and the Menu Structure is not so "clear" to setup some Keys to achive this.

What i am Missing?

PS: TV Server have an Option "dont go into Standby if MP Client is NOT running (für Work on the OS etc), this do not recognize the MP2 Client.

Thanks for Help on this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For MP2 the recommendations are different to MP1.

Short summary: Please use Windows Energy Options to set the idle timeout for standby (i.e. 15 min).

Some more background:
    • MediaPortal 2 server sets "busy" state as long as clients are connected or other tasks are active. This prevents standby and it considers MP2 client(s).
    • PowerScheduler (as TVE plugin) doesn't know about MP2 (for historical reasons). It still can be useful to prevent standby for other activities (like network traffic). But disable the standby option of PS plugin.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks @morpheus_xx

but, i cannot disable the time Setting in PS. The minimal value is 2 Minutes...
    I would to use some of Features in the Future. (Network activity etc.)

Can you give me more Details?
    Is Standby working then even if the MP2 Client is running? (without doing anything)

Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    All you have to do is to untick "PowerScheduler forces system to go to standby when idle". Then Windows is handling the standby but PowerScheduler can prevent the standby e.g. on network activity, some processes running and even schedule to reboot the system or wake up it for EPG grabbing...
    You can see, chrome and SetupTV are preventing standby recently and the next wakeup time is for a planed reboot at 4:00 tomorrow morning...
    upload_2017-5-7_22-51-13.png

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you! I will setup it like your example.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi I have same problem... Is there a way to clarify more on how settings chould be ticked, or not? Printscreens for gen tab fx?

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    thanks - I went from win7 to win 10 and MP1 to MP2 : but it didnt get any better - putting HTPC to standby persists. (and even worse now - then comp wakes up in the middle of the night :( )

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and even worse now - then comp wakes up in the middle of the night :( )
    There is a default setting that rereads the shares at 2am. Check out Settings/Media sources/Media source importer configuration and deactivate Enable automatic refresh.

For the standby: can you verify that the PC is correctly entering standby with client and server being stopped?

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok - first part dne: win10 has a time function under security and maintanance: it was set to 2 am for getting updates etc when comp was inactive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom