Starkcovers and Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

First off, excellent skin. I have only just discovered this skin and is definately one the best skins I have seen and used for MP.

I have decided to use StarkCovers (I am suprised I could find no other topics on StarkCovers) on my folder.jpg for my movies as I wanted the cover/thumbnail to indicate whether it is Blu-Ray, DVD, HDTV-Rip etc and I don't there is anyway to set moving pictures up to have a tag to show this information (the movies are stored in different folders dependant on source).

What I would like to try and do, is modify the movingpictures skin files so that the thumbnail/folder.jpg is either the same size as the case overlay or remove the case overlay and change the size of the thumbnail to the default size of the thumbnails produced by StarkCovers.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction as to what I need to change in the movingpicture skin files?

I have a included a thumbnail to show you what they now look like.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    297.5 KB

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I modified Monochrome for myself to use stark covers, and ya I am surprised more people dont use them either. The new movingpictures shows the video and audio icons though but I still love the stark covers. Here are some screens of mine now. If I get time tomorrow I will mess with the Black Glass for ya and make it look better with your stark covers.

Ignore the movie names showing unavailable this is a test setup I use on this pc to get the skins the way I want them.

18-00-27.png

djphatic

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Even though the audio/video icons are there, which are great, its that some videos will have a HD resolution and come up as 1080 but the quality will always vary depending on source/format of the file i.e. blu-ray, hdtv, blu-ray rip/re-encode etc.

I think I have figured out how to do it within notepad. Is this how you did it?

djphatic

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Cheers

Any ideas what program skinners use to make there skins? Surely they can't do it all from notepad, is there some GUI software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom