Start Moving Pictures via MCE remote "My Videos" button (1 Viewer)

Crashdummy

Portal Member
April 22, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it possible to map Moving Pictures to the MCE remote "My Videos" button?

When i go to my MCE IR mapping screen, i cant seem to find an item for Moving Pictures..

Can someone help me with this?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

I think you will have to manually change it in the remote xml file.

Using XP or Vista? On XP, you can look in this directory:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

Edit Microsoft MCE.xml
    Look for this piece of code:
    <button name="My Videos" code="74">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2005" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="6" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>

Change the 6 (marked in red above) to 96742.

Let us know if it solved it.

Crashdummy

Portal Member
    April 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using Vista

Found the file under:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

That worked perfectly!
    Thanks

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    I've got Windows Vista and if i press the green button of my mce remote, even if i'm within mediaportal, i get the windows Media center started. Does someone know how to avoid this??

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got Windows Vista and if i press the green button of my mce remote, even if i'm within mediaportal, i get the windows Media center started. Does someone know how to avoid this??

If you don't use MCE, the easiest way is to rename the C:\Windows\Ehome folder to something else. This way you don't have that problem anymore when pressing the green button, or when you press the guide button.

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Search the forums - there has been a fair amount of discussion about this.

In a nutshell, I had to:
    - Disable Windows Media Center Services
    - Stop Windows Media Center Services from Start Up
    - Disable Windows Media Center using Registry

It wasn't until I did all 3 of these that it actually went away.

More info here as well: How to Disable (Uninstall and Remove) Windows Media Center in Vista My Digital Life

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    <button name="My Videos" code="74">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2005" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="18" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="6" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>

Change the 6 (marked in red above) to 96742.

Let us know if it solved it.[/QUOTE]

I've also had success with this but used the My Radios button to map it as I use Moving Pics for movies but the standard My Videos for kid's shows, home movies etc but I never use My Radios so it was free. Works great except if you try to go to Moving Pictures whilst in the My Videos folder. It then actually opens My Radios instead - sort of gets confused and runs home I guess.

Not a biggee as I just jump somewhere else first before opening Moving Pictures but anyone know how to edit this to make it work from every start point.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom