Start without terminating MCE recordings? (1 Viewer)

lvluna

February 5, 2006
Is it possible to start MediaPortal without my pending MCE recordings being terminated? I removed the tuners from the MedaPortal TV settings but that doesn't do the trick.
p.s. It will probably be asked before; I did search the forum but found no answer...

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Not possible as MP won't run properly while MCE is enabled. There are 2 services which MCE uses that interfear with the proper functionality of MP.

Long story short, No it won't work.

lvluna

February 5, 2006
Thanks for your quick answer Khris.
I knew about the MCE services, but I thought that disabling the TV functionality in MP would avoid further interference. I just wanted to configure MP as a emulator frontend as a start... Too bad. MP is a nice application but IMHO this kind of behaviour is rather strange/undesired in a PC environment.
Thanks again,
Cheers Luna

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'd say give MP a chance as compared to MCE. I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll find that MP can do a lot more, and a lot of things better then MCE can.

lvluna

February 5, 2006
I'm using a modded Xbox running XBMC as a frontend for everything except PVR functionality currently. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm running an MCE extender on the Xbox as well to add only the PVR. It doesn't integrate very well (I use the remote to switch applications) but ok ...
As soon as XBMC and MP intgrate nicely as a frontend and backend (maybe through UPnP) I will certainly consider a new setup without MCE.
I don't like the closed source MCE part, I don't like the MS proprietary DRM crippled video format, I don't like bill gates ..... but I must admit: setting up the PVR is simple, the GUI/EPG ooks sharp and the PVR works like a charm.
Cheers, Luna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom