Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    How to check and repair corrupted sqlite database:

1. Download sqlite3.exe from http://www.sqlite.org/2013/sqlite-shell-win32-x86-3080100.zip

2. Copy VideoDatabaseV5.db3 as bad.db to some folder (ie. C:\SQLRepair)

3. Copy sqlite3.exe from downloaded ZIP file to C:\SQLRepair

open cmd (Command prompt) and go to C:\SQLRepair

type following in command prompt (you can also copy-paste into cmd those commands):
    sqlite3 bad.db
    pragma integrity_check;

If you see error message then do next

exit sqlite3.exe with CTRL+C

type following in command prompt (you can also copy-paste into cmd those commands)::
    echo .dump | sqlite3.exe bad.db > good.sql
    sqlite3.exe -init good.sql VideoDatabaseV5.db3

4. Backup your corrupted videodatabase to somewhere and copy repaired one (from C:\SQLRepair) over your corrupted db.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Could we please add the info to the wiki?
    Is that the royal 'we'? :p Sorry I missed it before, but of course any team member could/should add such content to wiki ;)

I added to MediaPortal 1 > Support > Troubleshooting > Repair SQLite Database since the Troubleshooting section includes our other docs about solving TV-Server SQL database issues. I tried to make the page a bit more 'generic' since I assume the same process could apply to any MediaPortal SQLite database? Right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is that the royal 'we'? :p
    LOL, the royal we? Never heard of it. :)

I added to MediaPortal 1 > Support > Troubleshooting > Repair SQLite Database since the Troubleshooting section includes our other docs about solving TV-Server SQL database issues. I tried to make the page a bit more 'generic' since I assume the same process could apply to any MediaPortal SQLite database? Right?
    Thanks - looks good. (y)
    Yes it can indeed apply to any MediaPortal or plugin SQLite database, so the "genericness" is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom