Startup troubles and tv does not work anymore (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
    Hi,​
    suddenly I am encountering two problems when using MediaPortal.​
    First problem is that MePo does not start up and hangs during 'initializing input devices' (see attached log MediaPortalLogs_13_02_12__19_54.zip).​
    Second problem is when it finally starts and I want to watch TV that I get a black screen and nothing happens. MediaPortal then just sits there with a black screen until I kill it via task manager (see attached log MediaPortalLogs_13_02_12__20_04.zip).​
    It worked flawlessly for several months now and I do not have a clue where the problem lies. Please help me.​
    Thanks​
    Blue Max​

Steps to Reproduce:
    Simply start up MediaPortal. Then switch to TV section with automatically starting TV in full screen mode.

JuergenZ

Portal Member
    February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I had the Same errror: Something like no valid DX Rendering device found, and the TV Screen from no on seems to be black.
    I found out that I got serveral .net4 Updates from Microsoft and a siverligt patch (which first crashes, and later installes ). I checked many things including a reorg of the MySQL Database. It seems that the TV CLient (Plugin) which is on the Same Host (Win 7 64) as the Server gets no real connection. ( But I get NO Error Message)
    The TV Server seems to works fine after the reorg (I could check it with the biuld in preview function)

It would be nice, if some one could solve this problem

regards
    Jürgen

Attachments

• error.zip
      8 KB

JuergenZ

Portal Member
    February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I found out that the .net4 Updates and .net4 security fixes seem to be the reason, maybe caused by a download error or someting else. They crashed the PC so often that the configuration files of Mediaportal were corrupt.
    So I had to deinstall all the fixes and updates of the last few days -- resetting the computer to last working state.
    Please try it. Be lucky if Mediaportal now runs again, if not check your log files for phrases like "corrupt" or "file not found".

Concerning me, I had to uninstall Mediaportal and Mediaportal SetupTV, (Option: with deleting configuration files ->Option 2).
    Reinstall Mediaportal and hopefully you have a backup for your settings.

Regards
    Jürgen

By the way, most of the errors actually reported are combined with Windows 7 / 64 bit and NVIDIA Graphics !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom