1.29.0 Static noise (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a problem with playback through Mediaportal 1 of mostly concerts that have an LPCM audio track. All I get is static noise. I have (almost) the latest MP and LAV-filters. Playing the same concert trough MPC-HC goes well: no static at all. Settings of LAV Audio Filters in MP and MPC-HC are exactly the same, so I suspect it is something related to a setting within MP itself.
I have multiple installations of MP in my house. Some give static too, but some don't! I have extensively compared the settings of the installation that is ok to the one that isn't, but found no differences...
I have searched the internet and this forum, but nobody seems to have this problem. I have a slight memory of having this problem before a few years back, but I am not sure. I probably found a solution myself though.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Perhaps an idea is to do a filecompare of mediaportal.xml of a working and non-working machine in case you missed something?
    And/or do a fresh start of mediaportal on a working and non working system, play such a video and file-compare the logfiles?

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @doskabouter: Thanks. I tried this, but because the versions of MP differ an exact file-compare was not possible. I did the more elaborate version of comparison: manually. This was a lot of work, but I didn't find any setting that might have something to do with my static sound problem. It really only has to do with LPCM, because those concerts also have a DTS track and when selected, it works ok. It would be really nice if somebody recognized this specific problem. I haven't found any reference yet...

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After a VERY extensive search I finally found it! It had nothing to do with any codecs, renderers or LAV-filters. I've tried all settings for those, without any result! It was just a simple MP-configuration setting I have set in some of my installations. Don't ask me why.
    It is in the branch Blu Ray / Blu Ray Discs/Images Player. The setting is "Use internal Blu Ray menu Player". When checked it gives static noise with an LPCM track, if unchecked it does not. Like I said, I found this a few years back probably through trail and error....
    Anyway, this seems to be a bug. You can easily repeat this yourself.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have not seen any acknowledgement for this, although it is easily repeatable. Just switch the checkmark for "Use internal Blu Ray menu Player" and try to play something with an LPCM track. I suspect a bug as there is no relation to these things, or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom