stb, ir suite, plugins, just not getting it (1 Viewer)

scot31864

Portal Member
March 19, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all. I have been beating my head against the wall for weeks . Hopefully someone can help me. I have searched the forums for weeks on and off trying to figure out how to setup channels so they all work with my stb. All my channels are set to source SVHS #1. I have the stb connected to my tv card through coax and svideo. I also have the audio jacks from the stb plugged into the tv card.
I have ir suite installed, tv server plugin added. The test function for the tv server plugin will change the channel on the stb.
I also have mp blaster plugin for ir suite in media portal client. When I choose a channel from the guide I get whatever channel is set on the stb no matter what channel I choose.
How do I setup the channels in tv server? do I have it right that all should use the SVHS #1 source? I assume so at this point. What I am totally baffled with is how to get the media portal client to change the channel on the stb via ir suite. I don't understand any of it. many posts are old and don't apply to new versions.
How do I setup tv server plugin for IR suite? how do I setup mp plugin for IR suite? Do I have to somehow config every channel in tv server plugin? If so how? do I have to config every channel in MP plugin? if so how?
I am using a MCE ir blaster by the way. Sorry for all the questions but I am total lost on this subject.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

Wow, indeed a lot of questions :D

How do I setup the channels in tv server?
    Look at my screenshot.
    channel.JPG
    This channel will blast 201 to my STB.

do I have it right that all should use the SVHS #1 source?
    Do you get the picture and audio when you PREVIEW the channel from within TVServer Config?
    By the way, a correct setup will also blast when you use the PREVIEW, so it's easy to test.

how to get the media portal client to change the channel on the stb via ir suite.
    The client does not change the STB. The client request a channel from TVServer and then TVServer blast the channel to STB.

How do I setup tv server plugin for IR suite?
    Well if you blast with the TEST button as you stated, then this part should be fine.

how do I setup mp plugin for IR suite?
    This is used to control the MP client with your remote. Basically a replacement of the inbuilt remote section in MP Configuration. Disable remote in the remote section and configure this in the plugin section.

Do I have to somehow config every channel in tv server plugin? If so how?
    See screenshot above.

do I have to config every channel in MP plugin? if so how?
    No. The client connects to TVServer with all channel details.

scot31864

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Home Country
    I really appreciate the response to all of my questions. Thank you very much. I see I have something missing that is probably huge. In the channel setup I do not have a crossbar parameters section. How do I get that option? all I have in edit channel is Channel, frequency, input type, country and source. Nothing below that.

Oh I don't have VCR signal box either. I am using version 1.0.0. I tried to upgrade but it breaks the schedules direct plugin so I opted to stay with that version.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Maybe you are using an older version?
    See my signature for details how to show your system specs to us and how to attach logs.

scot31864

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Home Country
    When I preview a channel inside tv server I get whatever channel is currently set on the stb. Nothing changes the channel on the stb except when I use the test button inside the ir suite plugin, stb setup.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    And we still don't know your version of MP and your version of IRSS and your system specs...

Please see the guidelines in my signature ;)

Anyway, I have to leave for today.

scot31864

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Okay I think I have the system specs setup with what I know. I am using MP/TV Server 1.0.0.0 and IRSS 1.0.4.1 As mentioned in an earlier post I am using MP/TV Server 1.0.0.0 because any newer versions seem to break the schedules direct plugin.

Thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    There is a blaster issue with 1.0.4.1 mentioned in the 1st post of the IRSS thread as well a a fix for it. Did you install the fix and restart?

scot31864

Portal Member
    March 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Okay I upgraded to mp/tv server 1.0.2.0 and installed irss 1.4.2.2627 and everthing came together. Thank you fr your help. I have another issue but I will start a new topic as I feel this one is complete.

WeeGraeme

Portal Member
    October 26, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi there :)

Wow, indeed a lot of questions :D

How do I setup the channels in tv server?
    Look at my screenshot.
    View attachment 40528
    This channel will blast 201 to my STB.

I realise this thread is a few months old, but thanks. Your screen shot showed me that I'm doing the right thing as I go through configuring all the pay tv channels.

What does the "VCR signal" acutally do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom