[Usability] - Stepping back through menus | Page 2

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Benoire, December 15, 2012.

1. Benoire
    • Premium Supporter

Benoire MP Donator

Civil Engineer
    Ratings:
    +135 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Hi Catavolt,

This was not about stepping back to the home screen, simply about following a correct path from shortcuts back up the tree. For example, in the new Titan skin I was in the settings menu. After a little while of going through the various options I wanted to go back out as I actually don't care for hotkeys, simple drill down the tree drill up the tree is what should work... Unfortunately it took me a number of 'windows' to jump back to the home screen as it was cycling through the previous screens. All this post was about was a simple heirachal tree structure for menu progression :) As it seems I'm in the minority here, I'll pipe down!

Chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. catavolt
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

catavolt Design Group Manager

Technical Documentation, Translation
    Ratings:
    +7,253 / 38
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Settings is a very special case, because the structure of the windows was made according to the settings in MP Config.
    So navigating in settings may be a bit annoying.

EDIT: Titan uses a skin concept in settings which makes the issue more obvious than e.g. DefaultWide ;)

Last edited: December 15, 2012
  4. m0t0k0

m0t0k0 Portal Pro

Quality Inspector
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I will have a try with default wide because like the OP I found it a little confusing and annoying to sometimes appear to be back tracking through windows you cant even remember opening. The settings menu seems very unintuitive to me

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!