[Usability] Stepping back through menus (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Catavolt,

This was not about stepping back to the home screen, simply about following a correct path from shortcuts back up the tree. For example, in the new Titan skin I was in the settings menu. After a little while of going through the various options I wanted to go back out as I actually don't care for hotkeys, simple drill down the tree drill up the tree is what should work... Unfortunately it took me a number of 'windows' to jump back to the home screen as it was cycling through the previous screens. All this post was about was a simple heirachal tree structure for menu progression :) As it seems I'm in the minority here, I'll pipe down!

Chris

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Settings is a very special case, because the structure of the windows was made according to the settings in MP Config.
    So navigating in settings may be a bit annoying.

EDIT: Titan uses a skin concept in settings which makes the issue more obvious than e.g. DefaultWide ;)

Last edited:

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I will have a try with default wide because like the OP I found it a little confusing and annoying to sometimes appear to be back tracking through windows you cant even remember opening. The settings menu seems very unintuitive to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom