Stop between channel changing? (1 Viewer)

seijirou

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
Hello. Are there any config settings to have streaming server and tsreader (client) pause for x amount of milliseconds between channel switching? I've got an issue where every time I change channels (even manually) there is a discontinuity error on the server, and it usually causes freezing of playback. VLC as a client is more resilient to this but it still happens. I expect my set-top box doesn't change channels gracefully.

It's never a problem when the set-top box is already playing something, and then I manually start timeshift and the client.

Because it always works fine when the channel is already tuned in and playing before I start timeshift and playback, I think stopping timeshift, waiting some time, and then re-starting client playback would help.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You might want to try different codecs as some are more resilient to corruption than others.

I'd suggest you experiment with
    Microsoft DMO / FFDShow (DXVA) / PDVD / LAV / CoreAVC

All these are made available if you use SAF for MP pack.

seijirou

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    You might want to try different codecs as some are more resilient to corruption than others.

I'd suggest you experiment with
    Microsoft DMO / FFDShow (DXVA) / PDVD / LAV / CoreAVC

All these are made available if you use SAF for MP pack.

This might be a stupid question, but do you mean on the client side?

I'm currently using FFDShow (DXVA) on the client. I'm not sure how to choose what VLC uses.

seijirou

Portal Member
    January 16, 2012
    Thanks. I did try all of those codecs, and more. However the symptom remains unchanged. I can say that when it happens, VLC is convinced it's reached the end of the stream.

To the original question, is there any configuration where the server/client will stop, wait, and start back up during a channel change? I can't find that but sometimes I'm not the best at finding things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom