STOP or PAUSE sends HTPC into SLEEP/STANDBY!! (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is the most bizzare issue that I have ever faced with MediaPortal in around 3 years of usage.

So two days ago my HTPC ran into some software issues and long story short; I ended up having to reformat the hard driver, install a fresh operating system and start my entire MediaPortal setup & configuration from scratch. Absolutely everything seems to be working perfect - every single setting and configuration seems to be spot on!

EXCEPT - this one bizzare issue. I have the Hauppauge Colossus Card in my HTPC and I use the Hauppauge Remote Control that came with it with my system. Whenever I hit PAUSE or STOP on any video that I'm playing - whether it's an Online Videos video or an actual video file (MKV), the system goes into Sleep/Standby mode!!

In three years of using the exact same hardware; software; remote control -- I have never faced this issue. Even when I first set this up the very first time - I never had this problem.

Obviously something is checked somewhere or configured somewhere that is causing this - but I can't find it. This is my Startup/Resume Settings in the MediaPortal Configuration, In case it helps ...

mpa.PNG

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you start MP in debug mode and reproduce the problem. Then post your logs here (Debug Tool will gather them and put a zip file on your Desktop).

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This isn't Windows power control putting the system into standby as it thinks system is idle one the active stream is suspended?

Cheers - JCMP

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeh - sounds like the power management options need adjusting to me

Check turn off the display is set to Never under screen saver settings.

(type power options in to the start menu -> change plan settings for your current plan).

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You guys are right, it WAS the windows power management! Once I set the turn of hard disk and display settings correctly, the problem went away. I was on the wrong track.

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom