Stop using MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhuzhu

January 25, 2006
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As far as I know, software cards will never been supported again (maybe through a third party plugin?), no matter how many crying emoticons are posted
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm with my friends stop to use MP. We can not go back to 1.3.0, but can't to use 2.0 rc2. This is the basic function in every HTPC software ( support SW old cards ).We come back to showshifter ( good recording and good basic finctions )

plz, add it back

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I didn't realise that the basic function of HTPC was support for software cards. I and many others have been using MP incorrectly for so long, it would seem.

Look, I know that you are having problems understanding why, and on the surface it does seem a little silly but the reason is that removing support for such cheap and old hardware lets the devs clean up the code so it works much better with good hardware.

I guess MP with the latest CVS patches before the removal of software cards must have been absolutely unworkable for you since you can't go back to that version, so maybe it's better if you buy showshifter instead.

Really, stop complaining, it's not going to change anything and it will just annoy people.

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's the consequence of the choice the developing team made to aim at a HTPC app aimed at the demanding (and therewith investing) user.
    While you notice the disadvantages, a lot of other people will notice the advantages (though by then this decision is undoubtably forgotten)
    I am (while using a HW card) still at 0.1.3.0 and concieve it as a great product. That 0.2.0 seems to become even better is a great compliment to that version, but, imho, no reason to discredit 0.1.3.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For those of you having problems understanding why SW cards are no longer supported.......think of it this way.

Your home was built in the early 1900's, and over the years renovations have been made to various parts of the house including heating/cooling, windows, floor coverings, wall coverings, etc. The only thing that hasn't been upgraded is the electrical wiring.

In order to get the most out of your house, and reap the full benefits, the electrical wiring must be upgraded. Sure the house will work with the old wiring, but not as well as with upgraded wiring, and you'll be much happier with your house when you can enjoy it's full potential!!

Same idea here with MP. Yes MP worked with SW cards, however not as well as it works with HW cards.

If this doesn't help, and you still don't understand why support for SW cards was remove (which were never officially supported anyway), then perhaps you'll be happier using another piece of software......plain and simple.

Support for SW cards will not be brought back, no matter how many people whine and bitch about it. If someone has the programming skills and wants to create a plugin for it.....then great.....but until then, SW cards will *NOT* be supported.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please, guys. There are already other threads on this. Please don't start it over and over again. I'd suggest the following: Stop complaining and either wait a bit what will come or, if you can't wait, get back to an older version or get a new card. No promise for whatever, last words are just not said on that topic. So please keep cool.

I'm gonna lock this and all subsequent threads on this topic, cause this unfinished topic only leads to flaming and bad words.

Thanks a lot for understanding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom