Strange AMD/ATI top/bottom line problem (1 Viewer)

Lev

March 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: onboard Radeon HD 3200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ85 1080p plasma
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hey guys,

I have a strange issue with Mediaportal and ATI/AMD videocards. It's hard to explain in words but I will give it a try.
The bottom line of pixels show what should be the upper line of pixels and vice versa. It's like they are reversed.
So lets say a bright white object fills the lower part of the screen against a black background that fills the top part of the screen. I will see a single bright white line at the very top and a single black line at the bottom.
I have seen it with DVD and with X264 encoded .mkv's.

I don't have the problem in Mediaplayer Classic or Mediacenter. Only in Mediaportal. If i install my Geforce 8800 GTS card the problem is gone.

I had this same problem with a Radeon HD2600 videocard in Windows XP and now also with my new motherboard with integrated HD 3200 gpu in Windows Vista.

I use the latest ATI/AMD drivers and the latest CCCP version and my desktop resolution is 1080p 24Hz.

I couldn't find anything about this bug on the board but it's clearly a big issue since i have it on multiple platforms with different hardware.

imadog

June 5, 2008
I have the same motherboard and same problem.

Did not have this issue when using mythtv.

I have not found a solution yet.

jet70

Portal Pro
March 7, 2009
Home Country
England England
I have this problem too, if anyone has found a resolution, please post it?

Many thanks.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had this issue too when i disabled Aero under Vista. You've to enable Aero and use EVR renderer.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response - I have Aero switched on and EVR selected under Directshow Video Renderer settings.

With further investigation, it seems to occur for movies where the native resolution isn't the full resoultion of the screen i.e. my screen is set to 1920 x 1080, but a 720p movie seems to be exhibiting this problem.

I've tried calibrating the screen in settings in mediaportal and taking a couple of pixels off the edges, but this does not help with this problem.

I'll keep experimenting - if anyone else has any good ideas?

Thanks.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    I have an hd4550 and also have this problem - line of pixels transposed top to bottom (current ccc and driver) Would love to know of a fix if anyone discovers one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom