Strange behaviour on music views - my music plugin (1 Viewer)

Idro

Portal Pro
February 13, 2015
Santa Marinella (Roma)
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello,

I'm sorry for this third post but in these days I can spent some time to organize my multimedia music collection, so I would like to take advantage.

I created two views in music plugin, the first one is in the first screenshot (queen_view.jpg), in which I set up a filter on artist in such a way that the first query result would be skipped if the result is one raw detected.
So I get my personal Queen collection files correctly divided in albums, as you can see in the second screenshot taken from inside MePo (queen_mp.jpg).

Then I created a second view for my OST collection, the only difference is that I set up the first filter on the name of the album (in italian "Colonne Sonore Strumentali", this is the tag I used in album name field) as you could see in the third screenshot (ost view.jpg).

Well, since also in this case I would get only one row (the name of the album is always the same), what I wait for is the first result skipped, and seeing in MePo the albumartist directly (this tag is different from song to song).

Indeed I get the result in the fourth screenshot (ost_mp.jpg), it is like the skip thick on the first query does not work but the result is more the one raw rather than only one.

Why this strange behaviour?

Attachments

• queen view.JPG
    queen view.JPG
    33.4 KB
  • queen_mp.JPG
    queen_mp.JPG
    83 KB
  • ost view.JPG
    ost view.JPG
    28.2 KB
  • ost_mp.JPG
    ost_mp.JPG
    87.5 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Then I created a second view for my OST collection, the only difference is that I set up the first filter on the name of the album (in italian "Colonne Sonore Strumentali", this is the tag I used in album name field) as you could see in the third screenshot (ost view.jpg).
    AlbumArtist in albums same?

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    They are different: in Album I tagged "Colonne Sonore Strumentali" because that's the name of my compilation, while in albumartist I tagged the real artist album name to which the track belong to.
    i.e.

Album: Colonne Sonore Strumentali
    Album artist: Star wars original motion picture
    track name: main title
    artist: john williams

and so on.

I'm getting mad because mediaportal has problem mostly with compilation.
    I read the wiki notes in which they advise:
    • If the album is a compilation album with more than 1 artist then you should use album artist = "various artists".
    But I don't like this type of tag :p

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But I don't like this type of tag
    If I'm not mistaken, is the selection of albums in the context of an artist and albumartist. Since You, the albumartist always different, then you have selected is not working the way you want.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Album: Colonne Sonore Strumentali
    Album artist: Star wars original motion picture
    track name: main title
    artist: john williams
    Retag files with:
    Album Artist: Various artists
    Artist: John Williams
    Album: Star Wars original motion picture
    Track name: Main title
    Genre: Colonne Sonore Strumentali or Colonne Sonore Strumentali;Rock;Guitar

and change filter to:
    genre = Colonne Sonore Strumentali - skip
    album
    track

and try :)

Idro

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2015
    Santa Marinella (Roma)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Actually I have another question.

Now I have what I want (as I said above) and finally I have my Queen collection with the album ordered by year (see screenshot). OK?

Now let's suppose I start to listen to from the first album. I click on the first album and I have the two tracks as reported in the second screenshot.

So the question is: at the end of the second track, can MePo go to the first track of the next album automatically on its own without any stops and without I use remote or keyboard?

Attachments

• 1st screenshot.JPG
      1st screenshot.JPG
      65.6 KB
    • 2nd screenshot.JPG
      2nd screenshot.JPG
      43.3 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So the question is: at the end of the second track, can MePo go to the first track of the next album automatically on its own without any stops and without I use remote or keyboard?
    No

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you want to play all Albums from "Queen", you go up one level and press "Play" while being on "Queen".
    This will add all albums to the playlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom