[solved] Strange entries in series index (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Those 3 movies are in their folders and are correct. Interestingly, Darkest Hour is an MKV whilst the others are AVI's but none of the 3 are listed in the MP2 movies index. I converted the AVI's to MKV's and ran a re-import and the ex-AVI's showed up in the MP2 movie index. Curiously, the other one didn't which make me think there may be something about the file that MP2's importer doesn't like yet it plays ok with VLC.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Wait. So you mean none of them were showing up on MePo2 library, right?
I was suspecting that, since the ID is shared between all of them.

Reimporting the ex-avi completely changed the file and probably the importer gave it a new ID.
It seems there's something wrong in the importer, but as i never used AVI files, i can't tell if it's a common problem. @morpheus_xx @ge2301 do you know what could cause a mediaitem ID to be shared between multiple movies? It never happened to me.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, no idea about that and never really understood what the importer is doing.
    I did also not follow the last changes for the importer.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok i'll wait Morpheus that probably knows better than both of us about it :)

@Alan Honeyman cany you try renaming an avi file like "The Shape of Water.avi" to it's imdb id counterpart and rerun the import and post the logs??
    rename "the shape of water.avi" to "tt5580390.avi". It's just to try, you don't have to change your naming strategy.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @Lehmden Ok so it's confirmed that it's probably the issue, or at least one of them.
    Maybe he should delete the database and reimport everything?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, nothing more seems to be happening on this problem. It’s manageable but annoying so how can I delete the database and re-import everything for both tv and movies?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    how can I delete the database
    Just stop the MP2 server and rename or remove the database file "datastore.s3db" in "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\". "ProgramData" is a hidden folder so make sure you can see hidden folders in explorer. Then start the server again and you will have a fresh and clean db.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom