Strange EPG Display since upgrade to MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    I have a strange problem with the TV EPG since upgrading to MP 1.2.3 from MP 1.2.2.
    I am using a combination of XMLTV and DVB-EPG grabbing. The problems I am experiencing are as follows:
    1) Sometimes, when I look at the EPG, more than one programme is indicated as the currently playing programme. This can be seen in a number of places in the EPG from the attached screen shots. Sometimes this is indicated by a very thin slice of EPG of no time duration (as shown in image 4), but often as something more substantial (like in image 1, 2 and 3).
    2) The actual timings and content of the EPG are also wrong - the example shown in image 1, 2 and 3 for BBC Three should be "The Voice" from 19:00, but are completely wrong (Top Gear isn't on at all). Attached is a text file which is an extract from my XML file which was imported by XMLTV which shows no such confusion in the schedule.
    I have attached two screen shots to cover my DVB-EPG setup, however, I have noticed it occurring on the channel "Challenge" and I don't even have DVB-EPG configured for this channel, so it is very confusing and may not even be a DVB-EPG problem.
    I have not included any logs, but mainly because I am not sure if it would be possible to extract the information needed from them. I was wondering if there might be a bespoke test I should run that will help identify the problem with clean logs.
    Any ideas???
    Robbo100

Steps to Reproduce:
    As shown in the attached images and above description.

Problem evident with different skins and also on multiple clients (as expected).

Attachments

• Image 1.png
      Image 1.png
      1,010.6 KB
    • Image 2.png
      Image 2.png
      951.1 KB
    • Image 3.png
      Image 3.png
      939.8 KB
    • Image 4.png
      Image 4.png
      996.6 KB
    • Image 5.png
      Image 5.png
      71 KB
    • Image 6.png
      Image 6.png
      79.5 KB
    • EPG xml data.txt
      4.2 KB

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Logs are always required!

One thing that is not clear by your post: do you have BBC 3 grabbing EPG off the air (DVB EPG) and from xmltv?
    If that is true, then it's the cause of your issue. This won't work as you can get conflicting sata and one grabber overwrites the other one's data. How xmltvimporter plugin behaves depends on the settings (which you have not posted)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom