Strange EPG Display since upgrade to MP 1.2.3

Discussion in '1.2.x' started by robbo100, April 30, 2012.

1. robbo100
    • Premium Supporter

robbo100 Retired Team Member

Herding Cats
    Ratings:
    +322 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    I have a strange problem with the TV EPG since upgrading to MP 1.2.3 from MP 1.2.2.
    I am using a combination of XMLTV and DVB-EPG grabbing. The problems I am experiencing are as follows:
    1) Sometimes, when I look at the EPG, more than one programme is indicated as the currently playing programme. This can be seen in a number of places in the EPG from the attached screen shots. Sometimes this is indicated by a very thin slice of EPG of no time duration (as shown in image 4), but often as something more substantial (like in image 1, 2 and 3).
    2) The actual timings and content of the EPG are also wrong - the example shown in image 1, 2 and 3 for BBC Three should be "The Voice" from 19:00, but are completely wrong (Top Gear isn't on at all). Attached is a text file which is an extract from my XML file which was imported by XMLTV which shows no such confusion in the schedule.
    I have attached two screen shots to cover my DVB-EPG setup, however, I have noticed it occurring on the channel "Challenge" and I don't even have DVB-EPG configured for this channel, so it is very confusing and may not even be a DVB-EPG problem.
    I have not included any logs, but mainly because I am not sure if it would be possible to extract the information needed from them. I was wondering if there might be a bespoke test I should run that will help identify the problem with clean logs.
    Any ideas???
    Robbo100

Steps to Reproduce:
    As shown in the attached images and above description.

Problem evident with different skins and also on multiple clients (as expected).

Attached Files:

• EPG xml data.txt
      File size:
      4.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 1.png
      Image 1.png
      File size:
      1,010.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 2.png
      Image 2.png
      File size:
      951.1 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 3.png
      Image 3.png
      File size:
      939.8 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 4.png
      Image 4.png
      File size:
      996.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 5.png
      Image 5.png
      File size:
      71 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
    • Image 6.png
      Image 6.png
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Uploaded:
      April 30, 2012
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. arion_p
    • Premium Supporter

arion_p Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,522 / 0
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Logs are always required!

One thing that is not clear by your post: do you have BBC 3 grabbing EPG off the air (DVB EPG) and from xmltv?
    If that is true, then it's the cause of your issue. This won't work as you can get conflicting sata and one grabber overwrites the other one's data. How xmltvimporter plugin behaves depends on the settings (which you have not posted)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!