Strange Harmony 555 problem (1 Viewer)

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have setup my harmony with a couple of devices (TV, AV Receiver and htpc). These devices work fine by themselves. So, if i select device>htpc the remote works well.

However, I have also tried to setup some activities. One of them handles watching tv through the htpc. So, it switches on the TV to the correct hdmi channel, it switches on my AV receiver and also switches on the htpc. So far so good. However, the controlling of the htpc is a different matter. Some of the buttons don't work, such as OK, but also some other buttons.

I find this really strange, as I would think the activity would use the same profile as made in the devices section. In this case it doesn't appear to be the case.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong here?

jonbenton

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Activities tab are different than the devices tab in that they can control multiple things in one Activity. Therefore your buttons will be different than when in just devices i.e. volume control - receiver, channels - HTPC.

Try customizing the buttons on the Activities tab that you setup your HTPC on. You can set them to whatever you like.

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Activities tab are different than the devices tab in that they can control multiple things in one Activity. Therefore your buttons will be different than when in just devices i.e. volume control - receiver, channels - HTPC.

Try customizing the buttons on the Activities tab that you setup your HTPC on. You can set them to whatever you like.

Ah, so it IS different than the device profile. Thanks for clearing that up! I will look into customizing the buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom