Strange video corruption, only seen it once, always with the same video (1 Viewer)

FireAza

Portal Pro
June 30, 2011
There's an odd bug I've come across recently, basically, it skews the video at an angle and messes up the colors, like this:
MPbug.jpg

The strange thing is:
1) NONE of the other videos I've played on MP have done this
2) All the other episodes from this series play fine
3) The video in question plays fine when I play it in Media Player Classic.

Little help? I've tried re-downloading the episode, but that doesn't help.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: X factor
Windows Version: 7 64 bit
CPU Type: Intel i7 960
HDD: Many!
Memory: 9GB
Motherboard: Alienware
Video Card: 2x GTX 570 in SLI
Video Card Driver: 285.38
Sound Card: Nvidia HD audio
Sound Card AC3: Nvidia HD audio
Sound Card Driver: 1.2.24.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshiw
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
TV: Panasonic plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI cable via GTX 570 HDMI port

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi FireAza

Indeed, try re-encoding... or try different codecs. The video decoding is not done by MP itself - it is done by codecs.

mm

FireAza

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2011
    I would run the video through Handbrake and see if it corrects the outputted file, should take a couple of minutes with a i7 processor ;)
    Three minutes to be precise! :p I've re-encoded the file with Handbreak, no warnings about corrections, and the video still has problems.

Hi FireAza

Indeed, try re-encoding... or try different codecs. The video decoding is not done by MP itself - it is done by codecs.

mm
    Yeah, which is why I find it really strange that Media Player Classic plays the video perfectly.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Then I suggest uninstalling FFDShow, and instead try using the LAV filters found here LAV Filters - DirectShow Media Splitter and Decoders - Doom9's Forum

Don't forget to go to LAV video properties found in START menu and enable CUVID for that nice nvidia card, so you get gpu acceleration.

See if that works.

We are considering supplying these filters with Mediaportal on install, I use them myself and have not had a file not play.

FireAza

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2011
    LAV is some sort of codec pack I take it? I'm currently using the CCCP for codecs, will I need to uninstall it? Also, I'm currently got ffdshow setup with various upscaling settings that make my non-full HD videos look really nice, I'd hate to have to lose them in order to get one video to work (in that case, I'd rather watch the troublesome video with MPC then move on since this appears to be a really rare bug :p)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wonder if the postprocessing that ffdshow is doing, is corrupting the video, what happens if you disable.

Lav filters are just able to process most if not all formats, do not consider them a codec pack, which speaks conflict in some way, just a video, audio, and splitter filters which are upto date and support all the bits that Microsoft does not.

One thing you could try in ffdshow\output is disabling everything bar YV12

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom