Streacom FC5 fan-less HTPC case (2 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hope, that INTEL will fix this PCIe Bug soon with a new BIOS! Then my first choice for the FC8 evo is the Intel® Desktop Board DH77DF! An interesting topic about this PCIe Bug you can find in the INTEL Support community -> Link

Best regards
    Helios

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Firewire would just be an option if the Cine CT v6 would cause troubles (to switch to the DTV Floppy) , but then the slot would be free anyway...

So I'd rather go for better support of the cine than onboard firewire... CIR Header is also a must for me so I guess I'll check with ASROCK if the H67M supports Hd4000.

Are there other manufacturers with a H67 who definitely support hd4000?

Greets and thx for the support ;)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

The inbuilt one/streacom one?

No - I gave up...and fitted an MS receiver.

Maybe the new IRSS might help?

J.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Anyone got the IR-reciever to work?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mce-remote-windows-7-not-all-buttons-working.66478
    Hi. This other thread is the only other one i've seen so far, and you are already asking there so i don't know any more than you beyond that. That's basically why we are talking about which mobos have cir headers and hd4000 support here.

Zeppelin
    A better question may be to ask which boards have a cir header. As far as i have seen, that is Intel, Asrock and Biostar. Biostar only has a H61 from what i can see (and no firewire, so basically the same as the asrock, but do point out others if you see them).
    Therefore I think we have already pointed out all the possibilities unless someone can find another one with cir.
    Of course, if the mobo supports wake from s5 over usb, a different remote can be used instead, such as an internally mounted mce usb remote which by the sound of it is what Jay_UK meant. I think this is where you buy an external usb receiver, open it up and then attach the pcb internally to the front of your case and plug it into a usb header with an adapter. I guess this is probably quite simple to do and opens up more mobo possibilities.

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I'm going to try it with Aeon's IR Receiver from the beginning, seems there's no real use trying the original one.
    I hope the Logitech Harmony will be kinder than with my Dreambox ;)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Note, if you get the asrock board the cir header has it's wires in a different order to the intel one. There is a separate cable for the asrock header on his website too. I have ordered the receiver, the asrock cable and the mounting bracket (which I hope fits!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom