Stream Live TV to a DLNA Device? Is it Possible? (1 Viewer)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    On our more recent Sony and Samsung Smart TV's, the Live DLNA TV streaming worked fine using Servio. I can also use aMPdroid to remotely change the channel. It's certainly an option if you don't have a client HTPC to use in another room.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On our more recent Sony and Samsung Smart TV's, the Live DLNA TV streaming worked fine using Servio. I can also use aMPdroid to remotely change the channel. It's certainly an option if you don't have a client HTPC to use in another room.

Thanks for sharing information. Could you please elaborate a bit on that?

How is the quality in comparision to a HDMI connection? Espcially when speaking of 1080i or 720p? Does the quality depends on the processor of the TV? (I know there are dual and quad core CPUs available). Anything else to take into consideration when choosing a new tv?

Thanks!

BTW; the aMPdroid solution ist great!

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011

Thanks for sharing information. Could you please elaborate a bit on that?

How is the quality in comparision to a HDMI connection? Espcially when speaking of 1080i or 720p? Does the quality depends on the processor of the TV? (I know there are dual and quad core CPUs available). Anything else to take into consideration when choosing a new tv?

Thanks!

BTW; the aMPdroid solution ist great!

The quality appears to be perfect 1080i quality. The Samsung and Sony TV's are not particularly high end but they are fairly recent models. The Panasonic is older and that had glitches. It's something that I've only used a few times, and thinking about previous unrelated problems, it could even be down to the poor quality ethernet cable I use on the panasonic - I'm not sure that the processing power of the TV is even that relevant. When I've got an afternoon free I'll do some more testing, but so far it certainly works great with TV's from the last year or two.

Arnax

Portal Member
    January 26, 2011
    Another solution is to actually alter a DLNA server to understan Mediaportal TV-server files and data (maybe easier) and fake the file-sizes (and other needed information).
    but if time shifting is not needed, future MP2 server could allow any player to stream selected channel through http.
    On our more recent Sony and Samsung Smart TV's, the Live DLNA TV streaming worked fine using Servio. I can also use aMPdroid to remotely change the channel.
    that app also could Play to selected TV(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom