Stream-Tv, just a smal picture!? (1 Viewer)

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
October 30, 2005
When I streem tv or just watch trailers, I can only see a smal pisture.
Even when I press the X button the picture is still wery smal with a black field around it. :cry:

I want it to be fullscrean like when i watch a movie...

I have .asx in my movie extensions but it still does not work :cry:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try pressing "S" - this allows you to cycle through the different zoom/aspect ratio options.

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    Taipan said:
    Try pressing "S" - this allows you to cycle through the different zoom/aspect ratio options.
    Have tryed that, but "S" doesen't work in the "Radio" section...
    And I have to use "Radio" section to stream movies, or do I?

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    You probably use 0.1.3, take at least a CVS shot of when the trailer plugin was added. The maker of that plugin fixed that problem in the core because that were also al streaming medias.

Other option is to download his plugin he made before it was added in the cvs, there are some replacement file in there, replace the files and then you can probably have it full screen.

btw: your other problem (black on tv) is a video-card driver setup problem (on my ATI i have the same, i must setup "theater-mode" as "same on all display")
    Play with the setings of your video card.

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    j1nx said:
    You probably use 0.1.3, take at least a CVS shot of when the trailer plugin was added. The maker of that plugin fixed that problem in the core because that were also al streaming medias.

Other option is to download his plugin he made before it was added in the cvs, there are some replacement file in there, replace the files and then you can probably have it full screen.

I use 0.1.3 with a newest CVS but there are new cvs-updates for 0.1.3...
    I can not use CVS made for 0.2.0 on 0.1.3, or can I :?:

Where can i download the plugin he made?
    I need the replacement files.

I read somewhere that the new core.dll file only was made for 0.2.0 ver, or have i wrong?

Do i have to install 0.2.0 to make it work?

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Wait for 0.2.0.0 RC2 , which is about to be released. This RC wil include the My Trailers plugin (no need to install it separately). With the addition of this plugin to CVS, a change has been added to the player module which stretches streaming video.

Yes, you have to install the 0.2.0.0 RC2 to make it work, it isn't gonna work with 0.1.3.0 (unless you can apply the trivial change to the source yourself).

Kind regards,
    Michel

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    I hope that change will stretch all streaming video :!: :?:

But 0.2.0 RC1 and RC2 are just testreleases...
    Why is there no CVS-updates for 0.1.3 ver :?:
    Or is everyone useing 0.2.0 but me :?:

Is the 0.2.0 ver. more stable :?:

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thomas.wiktor said:
    I hope that change will stretch all streaming video !?

But 0.2.0 RC1 and RC2 are just testreleases...
    Why is there no CVS-updates for 0.1.3 ver ?
    Or is everyone useing 0.2.0 but me ?

Is the 0.2.0 ver. more stable ?

To answer at least a couple of your questions (not the first):

The 0.2.0.0 release are just pre releases (yes - test prior to the actual release).

There has been no updates for 0.1.3 becuase the developers are working on the 0.2.0.0 release.

Do to the test condition of the 0.2.0.0 pre release - I would say that "generally" the 0.2.0.0 release if not as "stable" as the other releases. I in fact am using the 0.1.2 release. Due the constant changes that the developers are making to the RC, I would say wait until the RC2 has been provided to start testing with that. I (personally) feel that once the ACTUAL release of the 0.2.0.0 occurs (not any RC but actual release) then we ALL will see a MUCH more stable version that has MANY nice features.

Consider these RC (1 and the upcoming RC2) as beta versions, like Microsoft (and MANY MANY other software developer companies/individuals) to be beta releases that can have "bugs" in them.

Mike

thomas.wiktor

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2005
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    I made it :!:
    It' working now :!:

The Core.dll works perfect on the old 0.1.3 version to. :idea:
    I was told that it's only for 0.2.0 :lol:

So, if there is someone with the same problem, just download "MyTrailer" plugin and use the core.dll file in it to replace the original core-file in MP-directory.
    It will stretch all streaming video :!: :!: :!:

The 0.2.0.0 release are just pre releases (yes - test prior to the actual release).

There has been no updates for 0.1.3 becuase the developers are working on the 0.2.0.0 release.

Do to the test condition of the 0.2.0.0 pre release - I would say that "generally" the 0.2.0.0 release if not as "stable" as the other releases. I in fact am using the 0.1.2 release. Due the constant changes that the developers are making to the RC, I would say wait until the RC2 has been provided to start testing with that. I (personally) feel that once the ACTUAL release of the 0.2.0.0 occurs (not any RC but actual release) then we ALL will see a MUCH more stable version that has MANY nice features.

Consider these RC (1 and the upcoming RC2) as beta versions, like Microsoft (and MANY MANY other software developer companies/individuals) to be beta releases that can have "bugs" in them.

Mike

Thanks Mike!
    I believe you'r right, that was what I was thinking to :)
    But I still think that the update should be made for 0.1.3 to, because that is the real software. 0.2.0 is just a beta...

Let us hope that the ACTUAL release of the 0.2.0.0 occurs soon :D

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    It's good to know that everthing is working with the core.dll from "mytrailers" :lol: (Maybe downloading the latest 0.2.0 core.dll and test if that one also works)

So all functions used by 0.1.3 are still the same, maybe there are already some extra functions in there, but that doesn't care.

BTW: The MyTrailer plugin is a "kick-ass" plugin, try it also, maybe that one also works with 0.1.3 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom