Stream video just like radio? (1 Viewer)

Hasse

Portal Member
August 23, 2005
Sweden
Hi!

Just found out that I can stream video (for example latest newsflash, renewed daily), from Swedish Television (www.svt.se) by using this link;

http://www.svt.se/svt24/senaste_hi.asx

So, I thought it would be nice to be able to set this up so that I at any time can watch the latest transmission.

But how do I do that? I can´t find a stream-utility like the one that there is for radio? Can someone shed a light on this? I´m running 0.2.0.0 RC1.

Thanks!

/hasse

Hasse

Portal Member
August 23, 2005
Sweden
Ok, thanks for a clear and simple answer!

I just tried adding that stream as a radiostream, and it works perfect - instead of the visualization I get the TV-pic.

Soo... someone just separate this to a new entry, like "My Streams" and make the videowindow fullscreen? Plz?

While I´m at it - MP is truly beautiful, big thanks to all of you!

/hasse

Hasse

Portal Member
August 23, 2005
Sweden
Hi again!

Forgive a newbie unacustomed to the terms - but might the following line from the frontpage have anything to do with "my" wishes?

...Develop a new analogue MPEG-2 Program Stream recording engine

/hans

beje

Portal Member
March 23, 2005
Sweden
What about having the possibility to add a stream as source for a channel in My TV? I'm thinking about building a server containg a couple of TV-tuners and stream content to my frontends. I would really like to use MP for that and if this feature was implemented in My TV I could. With My Radio I can't use the EPG so that's not an option for me.

Just a thought...
/ b e j e

shilbert

Portal Member
December 8, 2004
Indianapolis
beje said:
What about having the possibility to add a stream as source for a channel in My TV? I'm thinking about building a server containg a couple of TV-tuners and stream content to my frontends. I would really like to use MP for that and if this feature was implemented in My TV I could. With My Radio I can't use the EPG so that's not an option for me.

Just a thought...
/ b e j e

I agree. I want to be able to add video streams as well. Of course it would be nice if I could record all streams from both Radio and TV as well as being able to record the radio from the FM card, but I am just saying. Being able to add streams to TV would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom