[Question] Streaming error (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear all,

Until today evening I was using MP 1.4 pre-release and aMPdroid was way perfect. Now, after flawless upgrade to 1.4 final, streaming of films doesn't work anymore.

Description:
    I have a single seat installation with music, records and tv series on a local hdd.
    My movies are lying on a server (managed by Moving Pictures) which wakes up on demand.

Streaming of any media from the HTPC works perfect.
    But when starting a stream from the Moving Picture database, the player shows an error!
    In aMPdroid: Player shows "Stream-Fehler"
    In WebMP: "Error loading media: File not found"

Has anybody an idea?

Thx im advance and have a nice evening. Fafnir

EDIT: Didn't have time, but now, lately added the MPExtended log files.

Attachments

• 130628 MPExtended.zip
      405.9 KB
    Last edited:

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All these views and no ideas what could be the problem?
    :unsure:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, missed your post due to personal life stuff. (also, attaching logs the first time helps, I tend to just ignore posts without logs when I'm very busy, while I'll at least save them for later if there are logs).

Anyway, the problem is that the service cannot access your files. Your movies seem to be a on a network share, did you configure the correct credentials for that share in the configuration program?

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Oxan: No need to explain yourself. Sorry for not posting the logs.

I did not check for the shares and folders after the update from 1.4 beta to 1.4 final. But playing the media from within MP works. When I try to play the same file from within MPExtend and aMPdroid, it fails.
    Will give more details tomorrow. Can I export/ collect logs from aMPdroid?

Regards, Fafnir

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You wont need logs from aMPdroid. Inside your MP-Extended configuration tool will be a button you can press that will zip up all logs needed for us to read. aMPdroid and WebMP are not having any issues. It is just that MP-Extended does not know where the files are anymore to serve to the clients (aMPdroid, WebMP, etc)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Inside your MP-Extended configuration tool will be a button you can press that will zip up all logs needed for us to read.
    Hello Lyfesaver74,
    I did so before, but it took me some time to do so, due to a business travel.

It is just that MP-Extended does not know where the files are anymore to serve to the clients (aMPdroid, WebMP, etc)
    I agree with you, but I'm unable to spot the reason.
    The files are saved on a server.
    1. I make sure that the server is running, start a film from within a remote MP client by Moving Pictures: The film runs.
    2. I go on to WebMP, start the same file (server with file is still running): "Error loading media: File not found"
    3. With aMPdroid and on starting the same file (server with file is still running): Player shows "Stream-Fehler"
    Also, I checked the database setup of MPExtended, (re-)started the service, but everything is identical with the setup that I had before 1.4 final where movie streaming worked flawless.

On trying to clean the cache from within MPExtended configuration, there came the error message as below.

Whatever this problem is related to, maybe I should remove all MP (including MPExtended) products totally and make a clean installation?
    Thanks for any helpful idea...

Regards Fafnir

Attachments

• Message on cache erase.png
      Message on cache erase.png
      132.8 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem is that MPExtended cannot access your movies files, probably due to permission issues. MPExtended runs in a whole different context than MP, so that explains why it works in MP.

As I already said, did you configure the correct credentials (username + password) for the network drive in the MPExtended configuration program?

The error on cache clearing is harmless.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, since I didn't do anything else than upgrading MP, I don't think there is something wrong in MPExtended that I can repair.
    Passwords, users, databases paths, etc. are the same as before.
    Smells like full clean up.
    Thanks a lot anyway!

Regards Fafnir.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    try either reenter the login and password for MP extended. will as just having it cleared. should also restart service after change just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom